Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With Liverpool losing Salah and Mane to AFCON he is going nowhere in jan more likely to be holding out for summer where he can bag a large signing fee and wages

Liverpool are negotiating with AFCON such that they stay for the two early games in Jan and, if they do, that'll leave only two PL games that they'll have to play without Salah and Mane (against teams that they'd be expected to beat, even without Mane, Salah and Origi). I don't think that this will be quite as big an issue as you make out. There are other factors that will have a greater bearing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
All this makes sense, but what if there are clauses re wage parity for our bigger 'stars'? (I have no clue if we do or don't BTW)

Then an offer we make of say 80k per week, might turn out in practice to be £120k per week. We have to decide whether it's worth it and maybe re-think our strategy for giving people contracts

It's only a rumour, but if you do an search for Lallana wages he comes up at £90k p/w, so my guess is that it won't be a problem even if we do have these type of contracts

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's only a rumour, but if you do an search for Lallana wages he comes up at £90k p/w, so my guess is that it won't be a problem even if we do have these type of contracts

I don't believe that is true. I think there is an interview somewhere that suggested we offered Lallana a longer deal than others, and the extra year off-set the higher wages elsewhere

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Definitely worth it - much lower risk than any overseas players who may not fire in the premier league (Nunez). Problem us I can see him being bought by a West Ham or Newcastle

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't believe that is true. I think there is an interview somewhere that suggested we offered Lallana a longer deal than others, and the extra year off-set the higher wages elsewhere

true, I can confirm Lallana is not on 90k a week ...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here