Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Origi alongside Maupay would be a fabulous combination. Connolly's pace to come off the bench. Count me in.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Is this the guy who scored twice in the champions league semi final?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Well yes and has a load of appearances for Belgium including at the world cup ...... but he's nowhere near good enough for us

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Wow! What are you lot drinking. This guys would strengthen us for sure. Top quality forward.

No chance though!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can't believe some on here have said no! :lolol:

Every day there's a new thread on here about our desperation for a new striker and then some say no to a premier league and champions league winning forward with 28 caps for the number 1 ranked international side. Some of are fans are hilarious!

Make no mistake, he would be a FANTASTIC signing for us!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some proper bat shit mental posters on this thread. Won’t happen but he would significantly improve our converted chances stats

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
don't think they do either. I think you have to score certain types of goals to please people on this forum.

I don't watch too much football outside watching Brighton so I don't have the in depth knowledge to know how good or bad he is . I do know that Liverpool kept hold of him when they sold others, he has played premier league football and knows what its about, he is big strong and pacey and likely to give many defenders a fright so to me he would seem a good choice especially if we are saying £14....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m in.

However, I’m aware that he is not a real No.9, or natural finisher but would really help out Maupay & Connolly by providing strength, pace and power to the front line.

As others have said, his goal scoring stats are very low.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Every day there's a new thread on here about our desperation for a new striker and then some say no to a premier league and champions league winning forward with 28 caps for the number 1 ranked international side. Some of are fans are hilarious!

Quite.

Anyone who says that they wouldn't want him really need to get their prescription dose increased

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some proper bat shit mental posters on this thread. Won’t happen but he would significantly improve our converted chances stats

Ah now that's very different. :lol:

He's a 2 goal man - and fair play to him for that.

But beyond that there's next to nothing to justify what would be a massive transfer and wage.

If you lined up all the 'targets' I most definitely wouldn't be taking him first.
I'd be amazed if I picked him last.

But with 3 weeks to go I reckon the club could break with tradition and actually do better.
(come back to me in 2.5 weeks time and I'd be crawling over broken glass to get to Origi)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Get Adam Lallana to have a word with him see if he can persuade him to join

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Origi would be amazing, mostly because we've heard of him. I thought he did really well when he got a few starts whilst Salah was injured - he can clearly deliver.

Last season he played in 28 games... but only 680 minutes, and scored 4 goals. If you scale the in a straight line, he would score 20 if he played every minute of the season. Obviously that is massively flawed, but he looks to overperform his expected goals and assists consistently (yes, I know, stats).

When played as a forward, he scores or assists every other game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m in.

However, I’m aware that he is not a real No.9, or natural finisher but would really help out Maupay & Connolly by providing strength, pace and power to the front line.

As others have said, his goal scoring stats are very low.

Depends on what goal scoring stats you mean. Goals per appearance? Quite low. Goals per 90 minutes? Quite high.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool striker with 26 caps for Belgium signs for smaller Premier League team...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37028477

(just kidding - I'd welcome Origi to the Albion)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here