Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For our level he would be an IMMENSE signing for us. Exactly what we need and a good age at 25 to be with us for some time and possibly improve with game time. Physical, strong, and not a bad goals to minutes.

However, he seems exactly the type of player we won't sign because it is now out there as a possibility. As soon as other clubs get wind of his price and reasonable wages I can't see us winning this one. We won't overpay so I suspect we need to get deals done under radar before the competition hots up. Best chance is a loan deal or a buy back clause if Liverpool want to keep their options open?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't bet against us bringing in someone who hardly any of us had even thought of. Just the Albion way like the Veltman deal. Just hoping whoever the club are considering comes to fruition fairly soon.

There don't seem to be too many "known" strikers left now that Watkins, Wilson, Batshuayi, Brewster are out of the frame for us. There's a right load of rubbish left, i.e. Iwobi, Walcott and Moise Kean just from Everton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There don't seem to be too many "known" strikers left now that Watkins, Wilson, Batshuayi, Brewster are out of the frame for us. There's a right load of rubbish left, i.e. Iwobi, Walcott and Moise Kean just from Everton.

It wouldn't be the first time the Albion have tried to release a donkey from Everton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Despite normally liking your contributions, I'm way off with you on this one. He'd be a great purchase in my book, and I'd resort to the evidence supplied by [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION] and the analysis of [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION], and would add the fact that he's scored at the highest level. That said, we might be wrong. I'd take the wager to be proved wrong though.

I don't mind, it's just one opinion against another, but regardless I think the football world would be interested to see how Origi gets on starting every week.

That said, if Brewster is sold Origi may stay and it may all be moot.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Kean is very highly rated at Juventus, had a bad year and maybe a suspect temperament but for the right price would be interesting, I suspect he's on a massive wage.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Just trying to get my head around that, despite how well we are run and the facilities we have, we appear to be one of the least attractive teams in the Premier League for our targets to come to if another team is in for them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just trying to get my head around that, despite how well we are run and the facilities we have, we appear to be one of the least attractive teams in the Premier League for our targets to come to if another team is in for them.

I think it's down to money. Can't think of anything else. Apart from the amazing facilities, Brighton is probably the best place to live in the UK. Not only the city, but the most amazing countryside and coast (in parts). Nowhere else gets anywhere close.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

££££££££££££££££££££

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think it's down to money. Can't think of anything else. Apart from the amazing facilities, Brighton is probably the best place to live in the UK. Not only the city, but the most amazing countryside and coast (in parts). Nowhere else gets anywhere close.

I love the city and the surrounding countryside but there are plenty of other nice parts of the UK.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love the city and the surrounding countryside but there are plenty of other nice parts of the UK.

There are . . .. but the Sussex coast is best.

TBH I don't see any atttraction in this country over Europe so most must just come here for the money.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very few players value where they live these days. Let's face it on average they are only there for 2-3 seasons, so being double to live somewhere else is worth it almost regardless of where it is located. I suspect it has more sway with older players with family though. And probably helps to keep players and wives happy once they are here.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Similar sized teams, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Southampton, even Palace, have shown they can put up a fight in this league while we just scrape over the line each season, which must also be a factor in player’s/agents minds. If we do manage to establish ourselves that may change. Leicester aren’t a big club, but they’re still riding high on recent and former glories and as a result are a big pull for their size.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Klopp clearly still pissed off with Dunk's sneaky goal up there and won't be selling or loaning to us :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This on the Independent transfer ticker...... Sounds like a deal that would fit present financial situation. Loan to buy of 15mill.

REDS WILLING TO LET ORIGI GO
Liverpool are reportedly willing to let Divock Origi leave the club on loan this summer, it has been claimed.

The report states that Liverpool are be willing to sanction a deal, with an obligation to buy clause of €15m which would come into force next summer.

Journalist Ekrem Konur says Fenerbache are pursuing the 25-year-old striker on a possible loan deal with the option to buy at the end of the season.

There is also interest in the striker from Premier League clubs Aston Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and Fulham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here