Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isnt that the same for any player?

What is set is the max sale fee from the start for Liverpool. I guess, if he is worth £50m in 2 or 3 years time, then whoever buys him has lost £14m.

Not really. The fact Liverpool have a guaranteed 'future' value, who if he is as good as the potential is surely worth more than £36M.

It does not really fit in with how we have operated in looking for good, undervalued players and look to make an increase

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
You're looking at this the wrong way people.

Divock has investigated Brighton, likes what he has found and is now following Shane Duffy's genius approach. Start having some shockers so the club aren't so worried about losing you, or the price. Then join the Albion and display your true potential. Mark my words, he'll score an own goal or get a red within his next two games.

It's on.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Brewster looks like a bad deal though. £20M for the player, but Liverpool also want £36M buy back clause. So basically if he turns out to be PL quality then we 'only' make £16M. Or if he isn't that good he's still cost us £20M+ wages

If he is quality though, we will comfortably make a lot more than a £16million profit by a) staying in the Premier League, and b) placing higher up the table (£2m a place).
If he is as good as he is rated, we will also get to see a top player in the making, making his name at the Amex. If we come out of that after 2 years and then have £36m and are a more attractive prospect to replace him, fantastic.

If he isn't up to scratch, we have paid a similar amount on the gambles that we've been making on forward players pretty consistently in the PL years so far. Maupay, Trossard, Locadia, Jahanbakhsh, all cost close to the £20m mark.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Liverpool wont buy this lad back unless he is ridiculously good.... in which case we get a couple of great years out of him.

They are looking at players like Mbappe etc going forward..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We don’t absolutely have to get someone better than what we have.......ideally yes but not essential. We do need someone to complement what we have though as we’re a bit thin in the event of injury, and Maupay/Connolly need competition. Is Origi good enough for that ? Of course he ****ing is.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He scored a cracking goal against Lincoln late in the game where he ran from the halfway line to collect the ball and put away a difficult first time finish plus he set up another goal with a cushioned header to a player running in behind him, he a quality player big strong and fast, if we were to sign him and it's a big if I would be delighted

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If we went for him where would that leave maupay and Connolly? I’m guessing zeqiri will be going out on loan now. No doubt Adam could put in a very good word especially if he’s needing to fall in love with football again

I absolutely would

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Well, we wouldn’t play him and Welbeck together, so seems a bit of a waste having them both on the books with all the other forwards we have. I don’t think we are ready for this type of player financially and whilst others see us as a football playing side, we need to be locked into mid table at least before his like come here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got Palace written all over it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Whilst I’m sceptical about him having the all round game Potter needs, he clearly has the attitude and intelligence that would be a perfect fit at our club; he’d score 100% in the ‘not a dickhead’ test. I’m starting to come round.

He has scored 21 EPL goals from 103 appearances (Maupay has 24 from 84 but with 3,000 more minutes on the pitch).

Perhaps we go hard for him in January (as he has just 6 months left on his contract)?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
With Liverpool losing Salah and Mane to AFCON he is going nowhere in jan more likely to be holding out for summer where he can bag a large signing fee and wages

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Even if he was within our budget I still don’t see Klopp letting him go. With the number of games Liverpool play in a season, he is vital to their squad.
……but I would love it if we got hold of him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Even if he was within our budget I still don’t see Klopp letting him go. With the number of games Liverpool play in a season, he is vital to their squad.
……but I would love it if we got hold of him.

I think he’d have signed a new contract by now (just like Lingard hasn’t) if Liverpool was his future. He must want to be the main man somewhere?

I suppose the issue is our rather low (rightfully) salary cap. He’d clearly get double at a club like Newcastle if they fancied him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Whilst I’m sceptical about him having the all round game Potter needs, he clearly has the attitude and intelligence that would be a perfect fit at our club; he’d score 100% in the ‘not a dickhead’ test. I’m starting to come round.

He has scored 21 EPL goals from 103 appearances (Maupay has 24 from 84 but with 3,000 more minutes on the pitch).

Perhaps we go hard for him in January (as he has just 6 months left on his contract)?

A good striker suggestion... I am IN...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think he’d have signed a new contract by now (just like Lingard hasn’t) if Liverpool was his future. He must want to be the main man somewhere?

I suppose the issue is our rather low (rightfully) salary cap. He’d clearly get double at a club like Newcastle if they fancied him.

He won't want a relegation on his CV...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Got Palace written all over it.

No; this has got Palace written all over it:

download (3).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here