Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Where has that been said? Surely Newcastle wouldnt be interested with already having Wilson, Joelinton, and Carroll to play a similar role.

I guess from this ‘team-talk’ article - regurgitating the story from a few day’s ago. And it also doesn’t say that:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/trans...-three-clubs-keen-jota-latest-man-city-kounde

It’s actually says:

‘ Brighton, Newcastle and Fenerbahce have all been linked with Origi, with the window due to close on October 5.’

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I don't see it as an upgrade. Origi has never scored 10 league goals in a season in his life, let alone in the Premier League.

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics. Last season he played 704 minutes in PL and scored 4, in 18/19 he played 366 minutes and scored 3. In equivalent of less than 12 games he scored 7. Of course he will often have come on as late sub in games that are already won in a highly skilful and successful team, but to say he hasn't scored 10 hardly does him justice; he hasnt had enough minutes to do so.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics. Last season he played 704 minutes in PL and scored 4, in 18/19 he played 366 minutes and scored 3. In equivalent of less than 12 games he scored 7. Of course he will often have come on as late sub in games that are already won in a highly skilful and successful team, but to say he hasn't scored 10 hardly does him justice; he hasnt had enough minutes to do so.

Spot on. This was the point I was trying to make earlier, but you actually got the stats [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Top bombing as usual Swiveller, or as I like to say: AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's now annoying me because, believe it or not, I actually stole the first one. It is in hazy part of my brain as hearing it/seeing it somewhere but I can't remember where. A Google search suggests Julian Clary but definitely not that. I think maybe an old book I had as a kid with funny graffiti. See also "Free Tibet - with every gallon of petrol" and "be alert - your country needs lerts"

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Where the hell did you get £150K a week from? He's on £60K a week.

In his next contract elsewhere, he’ll command a huge contract. He’s proven he can score against anyone, despite being the perennial sub.

The following all earn £100k to £130k a week - Max Meyer, Benteke, Drinkwater, Haller, Sigurdsson, M.Sakho, Walcott. Many derided by fans as absolute dross.

Not sure I’d see it the same as that. If Origi is currently on 60k per week & being sold so therefor not deemed good enough for Liverpool then it’s quite unrealistic for him to them demand over double his wages. & 3 of the players you compare are Palace players who notoriously over pay.

I don't know how accurate this site is, but Origi is on £45k per week according to their info

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/divock-origi-22848/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here