Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Lamptey get in our best ever XI?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bruno was absolutely brilliant for us in the championship but he was lower prem standard. I remember seeing some YouTube clips where he was absolutely destroyed by Ronaldo when playing for Valencia.

Lamptey is already better and will have a much more distinguished career.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bruno was absolutely brilliant for us in the championship but he was lower prem standard. I remember seeing some YouTube clips where he was absolutely destroyed by Ronaldo when playing for Valencia.

Lamptey is already better and will have a much more distinguished career.

Player getting destroyed by Ronaldo = lower prem standard.

righty-oh.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Good to see a classic NSC over-reaction. After NINE (yes, that is 9, neuf. neun) games we have Wunderkid; in fact not just a Wunderkid now., but an ALL-TIME Wunderkid.

Give the lad a break. In fact, give us a break.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's been great in the games he's played but needs to do it for a little bit longer to be considered one of the greats. In my time probably the the top two are Bruno and Gregory

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Yes. Obviously. If selecting a team to play on Saturday. We are playing better football, at a higher level of competition, than any Brighton team has done ever and he is outstanding.

Different question as to whether he will still be in even six months time.

Exactly.

And lets hope Crooks is wrong about this "I have no doubt he has made the right decision. And if he keeps playing like he did against Chelsea, he won't be at Brighton for very long." Cos of course #teamslikebrighton dont deserve players like Lamptey :wanker:

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Player getting destroyed by Ronaldo = lower prem standard.

righty-oh.
Let's put it another way. He only played half of Valencia's games a season for 3 seasons. Valencia sold to us (a championship team at the time)

Great championship player. Lamptey is and will be better.

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
During his short tenure for us at right back, does Tariq Lamptey stake his claim as our best ever in that position?

Before the Bruno brigade publicly shame me, do you remember El Capitan imposing himself on a game like Lamptey did last night?

Will anyone dare challenge me this week?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He’s an unbelievably exciting talent. No Albion fan in their right mind will argue that. Maybe the most exciting kid I’ve seen playing for us in my lifetime.

But this topic is way, way too soon and not the sort of talk that benefits anyone.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Will anyone dare challenge me this week?

I challenge you to a game of ping-pong.

As a side note I can't remember ever seeing a RB in Albion colours as good as Lamptey. He's so young and he's f***ing awesome. Bet old Franky Lamps is kicking himself for letting him go, if not he should be. Gonna be truly world class if he isn't already. So ping-pong?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I said no last week. I'm saying yes this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here