Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonathan Pearce - New signings

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Heard on R5 Jonathan Pearce said we definitely have some signings in the pipeline but not sure if "we can get them over the line". He wouldn't indicate who, but suggested his mother knows who they are??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn't his son a season ticket holder or something?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Heard on R5 Jonathan Pearce said we definitely have some signings in the pipeline but not sure if "we can get them over the line". He wouldn't indicate who, but suggested his mother knows who they are??

Let's hope JP's Mum isn't an avid viewer of the Jupiler league.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Sounds old school transfer window talk to me. We release 'leaks' that we have deals in progress but they are going to be tricky. Come the end of the transfer window we don't get any of them but say how difficult the window is at these times.

Worth noting that I would love a striker but having never funded a football club have no idea how knackered our transfer budget is

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
He and his 2 sons are 1901 club members as they sit in our lounge. Nice family as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Jonathan Pierce drives me mad. He doesn't seem to understand the rules of the game half the time.

He can't seem to get that a player is not offside until he has actively made a play for the ball - and moans at the linesman for not raising a flag before they are actually offside.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Jonathan Pierce drives me mad. He doesn't seem to understand the rules of the game half the time.

He can't seem to get it into his thick skull that a player is not offside until he has actively made a play for the ball - and moans at the linesman for not raising a flag before they are actually offside.

He won't be doing that this season with the new guidelines - linesmen are told not to flag until after the play has concluded.... goal, shot etc. Players have been told to continue playing until the whistle

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

He can't seem to get that a player is not offside until he has actively made a play for the ball - and moans at the linesman for not raising a flag before they are actually offside.

Sounds a bit like me then. This new rule is a load of pants.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So this is basically another one of those tenuous rumours. Jonnies mother’ husband has heard we have signings incoming.

No different to yesterday’s my mates girlfriends sister said there’s gonna be a club announcement at 5pm lolz.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
So this is basically another one of those tenuous rumours. Jonnies mother’ husband has heard we have signings incoming.

No different to yesterday’s my mates girlfriends sister said there’s gonna be a club announcement at 5pm lolz.

Yeah - my dog just informed me we are going to sign a great Dane apparently.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Suggesting his mother knows who they are indicates the players being sought are probably the ones that we have already been linked with in the press.

So that could be any of the following:

Monchu (Barcelona B)
Seb Andersson (Union Berlin)
Marcus & James Tavernier (Middlesbrough)
M'Baye Niang (Rennes)
Adrian Grbic (Clermont)
Serhou Guirassy (Amiens)
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers)
Christian Joel Sanchez Leal (Sporting Gijon)
Jesse Lingard (Man Utd.)
Jordan Lukaku (Lazio)
Boulaye Dia (Reims)

Edit: Guirassy has now moved to Rennes. Could this indicate that M'Baye Niang is off?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good news: Jonathan Pearce understands we're in line for a signing

Bad news: It's Sir Killalot from Robot Wars

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here