Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone got a RING doorbell?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
are they worth the dosh? do they work properly all times?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mine is more of a chime, never lets us down though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Never had an issue with mine and worked a treat in Rhodes when a delivery guy rang it and asked him to leave it in the porch

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I have one and two other external cameras, never had a problem.
In all honesty don't use it to talk to the delivery man as per the adverts. They are probably an expensive, offering low/moderate additional security, but, as I say, never had a problem with them.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
apologies if was already discussed (I did a search and it didn't come up)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
'Knock Knock'

'Whos there?'

'Someone who has just by-passed your expensive doorbell'

Knock Knock

Who's there?

This is Vladimir from the Ring Monitoring station. Please to be speaking up in future as is hard to transcribe your conversations for Glorious Leader. Also, please to be inviting pretty Avon lady round more often.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Let’s the delivery man/ local criminals know you are on holiday and so can rob the gaff

How does it do that exactly? With the Ring you have the option to answer and use the speaker function or not. If you chose not to use it, then it's just like any other door bell. If you do use it, it doesn't force you to be completely honest, nothing to stop you saying you're out and will be back in 5 mins, even if you're actually the other side of the world and won't be back for 3 weeks.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
How does it do that exactly? With the Ring you have the option to answer and use the speaker function or not. If you chose not to use it, then it's just like any other door bell. If you do use it, it doesn't force you to be completely honest, nothing to stop you saying you're out and will be back in 5 mins, even if you're actually the other side of the world and won't be back for 3 weeks.

That all depends on the person answering the phone

The wife American sister and hubby stayed with us a while back and were obsessed with looking at their drive through the ring/ phone

One night he sat there and said to his wife ‘ hey there’s someone on the drive’ ( in Las Vegas!)

To late your just been robbed I told him... he was awake all night worrying.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, it's bloody marvellous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here