Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks' Team of the Week 2020-21

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He picked Fernandes in his team of the week. Okay he was involved in their goals, but he was also responsible for both of ours, fouling TL for the penalty and leaving Solly unmarked at the far post. By his standards this was not a good game at all. For some reason Crooks has also attempted an embarrassingly poor Simon Cowell impression on both Graham Potter's accurate passing comment that added time was wrong and on Trossard's bad luck in hitting the woodwork. Very odd and a peculiarly aggressive response totally out of context with the situation. Its like he's trying to be a shock jock, whilst working on hospital radio. What an odd man.

He’s a turnip and thats putting it politely

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Garth Crooks had confirmed that he is a dick.
I think most on here accept that Maupay did handle but I think we have a valid complaint about added time.
In the Leeds game on Sunday, there was 3 minutes added posted. Despite a substitution in that time, the whistle went at 93.02.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He picked Fernandes in his team of the week. Okay he was involved in their goals, but he was also responsible for both of ours, fouling TL for the penalty and leaving Solly unmarked at the far post. By his standards this was not a good game at all. For some reason Crooks has also attempted an embarrassingly poor Simon Cowell impression on both Graham Potter's accurate passing comment that added time was wrong and on Trossard's bad luck in hitting the woodwork. Very odd and a peculiarly aggressive response totally out of context with the situation. Its like he's trying to be a shock jock, whilst working on hospital radio. What an odd man.

Fully agree.

And this, is an example of big club bias in the media. A mischaracterising of Graham Potter (who I thought was very noble and a credit to our club after such an emotional game). Most managers would rant and rave, he couldn’t be more magnanimous.

And questioning the timing of the corner is completely reasonable Garth, you buffoon. 5mins injury time, they had a corner in the 97th minute.

No doubt if we’d taken our chances his “hard hitting-journalism piece” ‘Crooks Of The Matter’, would no doubt be pandering to the narrative that “Ole has got things wrong, he should be beating teams like Brighton”.

A very strange man.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow. Imagine selecting a United player and then wasting the whle allocated wordage on a rant against Brighton? Everyone knows the standard form is to write a piece about our dominance of games by spending the entire time saying how poor the other side are :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow. Imagine selecting a United player and then wasting the whle allocated wordage on a rant against Brighton? Everyone knows the standard form is to write a piece about our dominance of games by spending the entire time saying how poor the other side are :shrug:

Ha. But why the rant against us though? You don’t think that’s slightly weird? Most neutrals were sympathetic to our result.

Make a Man U player man of the match sure, but his fantasy take on events is downright bizarre.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What you have here is an ex-professional footballer whose been trying for years to make it as a pundit/journalist.

He obviously isn't liked too much as he has to feed on the scraps the BBC give him.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55032453

Bloody hell - both March and Welbeck named in Garth Marenghi's Team of the Week. Not entirely sure why they're both listed as midfielders...?

_115617428_garthteam.jpg

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not entirely sure why they're both listed as midfielders...?
Schmunk, meet Garth. Garth, meet Schmunk.

(Listing players wildly out of position and in bizarre formations is his *thing*).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What you have here is an ex-professional footballer whose been trying for years to make it as a pundit/journalist.

He obviously isn't liked too much as he has to feed on the scraps the BBC give him.

I don't know anyone in the media who takes him seriously. He thinks that having a faintly educated-sounding voice is enough to make him a football intellectual but he can't back it up. The BBC asked him to do a profile of Avram Grant when the old phoney became Chelsea manager and he announced that part of the reason that Abramovich had given him the job was that 'He speaks Russian'. He doesn't. Crooks just made that up.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
"We all make mistakes but the referee - and only the referee - should have the ability to rectify his mistake using the technology. And quite rightly."

"Brighton manager Graham Potter also tends to leave smashing into opponents to less cultured teams."

He goes up in my estimation this week (just a little).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
"We all make mistakes but the referee - and only the referee - should have the ability to rectify his mistake using the technology. And quite rightly."

"Brighton manager Graham Potter also tends to leave smashing into opponents to less cultured teams."

He goes up in my estimation this week (just a little).

I thought that, I wonder if he's in hospital and his cat ghost wrote it for him ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here