Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks' Team of the Week 2020-21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tariq Lamptey makes the cut from the opening round of fixtures:

Lamptey: It was a comfortable win for Chelsea in the end on Monday - although there was a point when I thought they were making hard work of it at Brighton.

I sense Brighton will have another season fighting relegation but there is a bright spark in their ranks and his name is Tariq Lamptey. I saw him come on as a sub for Chelsea in what was his Premier League debut against Arsenal last December and he was outstanding. However, in order to get game time, he decided to move on from Stamford Bridge.

I have no doubt he has made the right decision. And if he keeps playing like he did against Chelsea, he won't be at Brighton for very long.

Did you know? Lamptey provided the assist for Trossard's goal and embarked on a joint-game-high five dribbles.​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54151622

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Its Garth Crooks sensationalism moment, so when, as he's stated that Tariq Lamptey has had enough of little ol' Brighton, he can move onto a bigger club like Leeds or Palarse.
Then GC can say........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody who is any good will be a Brighton for long. Even the best football forum posters are all on the top 6 club forums and The Leeds one (although Leeds arguably are top 6 anyway). I'm actually thinking of leaving, myself.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nobody who is any good will be a Brighton for long. Even the best football forum posters are all on the top 6 club forums and The Leeds one (although Leeds arguably are top 6 anyway). I'm actually thinking of leaving, myself.

Are you 'any good'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I read that, he is (as we stand) right (as we will) be battling against relegation... we’ve signed a walking sick-note and a defender who failed to start last night. What has changed ? Others have tangibly sought to actually strengthen, we really haven’t. I applaud moving Alzate centrally but we’re operating with a smaller squad with ‘nothing on the horizon...’ if Lamptey performs like this when he plays, he will be gone by Jan - he’s too good for us (sadly) right now.

Garth, love him or hate him, always cretics our players when they standout and I applaud him for it - it’s more than most pundits do.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wow, Garths a visionary. I hadn’t noticed any of Lampteys qualities until last nights performance. Neither had the club, it was a total wild card signing him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wow, Garths a visionary. I hadn’t noticed any of Lampteys qualities until last nights performance. Neither had the club, it was a total wild card signing him.

You're better than me, I didn't realise until Garth mentioned it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You beat me to it Papa, little teams like Brighton

We are a little team, at this level ... I like the fact we fly under the radar but the fact is we are small in comparison to the majority of the clubs in this division .. Fulham probably near on a par but who else ?

It’s condescending yes, BUT it’s the job of the club and the manager to ram these comments down proverbial throats ... but we are spectacularly unable to do so nearly EVERY time we meet the big clubs*

*Last season aside, saved by the best individual goal we’ve probably scored at this level.
*Arsenal haven’t counted for a while either... Lol

We need a top 10 finish and then the genuine plaudits will come, see Sheff Utd. We’re hugely inconsistent... tbh I’m increasingly unsure we’re that much better under GP than under CH, more expansive yes, but the progress has been very, very slow in terms of points on the board.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I doubt he even watched the game, just reads the newspapers.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We are a little team, at this level ... I like the fact we fly under the radar but the fact is we are small in comparison to the majority of the clubs in this division .. Fulham probably near on a par but who else ?

It’s condescending yes, BUT it’s the job of the club and the manager to ram these comments down proverbial throats ... but we are spectacularly unable to do so nearly EVERY time we meet the big clubs*

*Last season aside, saved by the best individual goal we’ve probably scored at this level.
*Arsenal haven’t counted for a while either... Lol

We need a top 10 finish and then the genuine plaudits will come, see Sheff Utd. We’re hugely inconsistent... tbh I’m increasingly unsure we’re that much better under GP than under CH, more expansive yes, but the progress has been very, very slow in terms of points on the board.

I'm enjoying watching us play. Sure, a few more points and a bit of consistency would be nice but there are certainly reasons to be cheerful. Some blockheads will moan and gripe but The Dury's not out for me.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So in other words someone paid to come up with a "team of the week" based on PL games hadn't seen him play between his last game for Chelsea and the first game of this season?

Clearly been paying a lot of attention to all those PL games then...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm enjoying watching us play. Sure, a few more points and a bit of consistency would be nice but there are certainly reasons to be cheerful. Some blockheads will moan and gripe but The Dury's not out for me.

Yes i agree, we do look FAR better, especially vs the utter dross CH served up towards the end of his tenure. I just worry that we’re becoming an entertaining hard luck story - alas I fear we all know where that path leads!

More steel required. We still melt too easily against big names, too much respect, too much fear. Indeed, a small club mentality.

It needs to change.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
No different to the Sky commentators last night when talking about White and how 'a big move is coming for him' and 'a move to Leeds would have been a big move' but he 'won't be around for long'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here