Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone back with a squad number

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Hi was this common knowledge ? cant see us buying anyone up front now - thoughts

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How long is he out for though? I like him, he could be good, just needs to sort attitude out it seems. But we still need another striker or 2...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How long is he out for though? I like him, he could be good, just needs to sort attitude out it seems. But we still need another striker or 2...

Latest news reports I saw suggested Xmas/New Year. This season that might mean 12-15 games time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Latest news reports I saw suggested Xmas/New Year. This season that might mean 12-15 games time.

I thought you could rename the 25 after the Jan transfer window. If that’s the case why name an injured player?

Unless.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I thought you could rename the 25 after the Jan transfer window. If that’s the case why name an injured player?

Unless.....

I suppose it's to do with the possibility that he may be able to feature in December. We don't have 25 senior over 21 players anyway

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Unless.....

I don't think the official 25 has actually been named yet.

Florin has just been given a shirt number.

That said, I expect him to be named in the 25 as there is no downside whatsoever in doing so. I don't expect we'll have over 25 players who need to be named anyway.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Unless.....

Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume the deadline to name the 25 squad players is after the current transfer window closes?
The announcement yesterday is so that every player in and around this season's squad is assigned a squad number.
Andone isn't necessarily in the 25, yet. It's just that as he won't be going out on loan he has been given a squad number for the season.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

That said, I expect him to be named in the 25 as there is no downside whatsoever in doing so. I don't expect we'll have over 25 players who need to be named anyway.

Aren't we required to name him in the squad if he's our player and we don't have 26+ players who would be required to be named in the squad in order to play? So unless we sign more players, he'll be in the squad regardless of whether he's going to play or not.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Unless.....

So if he makes decent progress on his recovery, and is available from 19 December, that would be 8 games he would be available for before the January transfer window shuts.

Yoda

English & European

The official 25 won't need to be named until after the transfer window "SLAMS" shut (as Sky would put it)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So if he makes decent progress on his recovery, and is available from 19 December, that would be 8 games he would be available for before the January transfer window shuts.

But can’t you update it continuously during a window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If a currently crocked Andone is the answer then someone is asking the wrong questions

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

For Florin to be available 19.12.20 he would need to be back in full training now.

As it seems to take at least 3 months to get from training, through all the minor setbacks, to a 10 minute cameo (word up) which in turn will induce a further 2 month set back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume the deadline to name the 25 squad players is after the current transfer window closes?
The announcement yesterday is so that every player in and around this season's squad is assigned a squad number.
Andone isn't necessarily in the 25, yet. It's just that as he won't be going out on loan he has been given a squad number for the season.

Thanks. All makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here