Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes ok he was a bit instinctively naive for the goal and shouldn’t have tried to touch it but that aside... He looked a far better player than last season tonight. Pinged a few great balls from left to right. I’ve been a bit unimpressed by him at times last season, but since football restarted he’s looked much better and today I thought he was very good...

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
So good in open play, with some excellent passes, yet you have a sense that we would concede fewer goals with a more conventional centre half in the side. When you don’t score many, it has to be a consideration. I wonder whether GP may consider keeping Lamptey at right back but bringing Veltman at RCB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Webster is LCB? We’ve tried that with Duffy but didn’t seem to make much difference.
Not seen Veltman so can’t comment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes ok he was a bit instinctively naive for the goal and shouldn’t have tried to touch it but that aside... He looked a far better player than last season tonight. Pinged a few great balls from left to right. I’ve been a bit unimpressed by him at times last season, but since football restarted he’s looked much better and today I thought he was very good...

I think you might mean He looked a far better player than, before lockdown, last season

I didn't have any particular issue with him then either, but certainly felt he returned up a gear and kept that form going into tonight.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No problem with the lad. He’ll do well. But without a centre forward who can remind the opposition of a threat the team will always have its work cut out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Been great since lockdown to be fair. Maybe one of those players better without a crowd?

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
He played well again tonight.
Since playing in front of no fans he has looked a premier league player
Test for him will be when the crowds are back and the moans and groans start

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you might mean He looked a far better player than, before lockdown, last season

I didn't have any particular issue with him then either, but certainly felt he returned up a gear and kept that form going into tonight.
Exactly this. Ever since returning from lock down, he's looked pretty good imo

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought he was just okay tonight - a little careless at times.
Good player though.

The OG was unfortunate, but he does have a habit of dangling a leg.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
That Ben White fella looked good. Another one nurtured under the radar. Where did he suddenly come from?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
That Ben White fella looked good. Another one nurtured under the radar. Where did he suddenly come from?

Amazing that we managed to persuade Leeds to part with one of their brightest young prospects, especially one who has been personally mentored by Bielsa more or less since his first steps!

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
given his utterly abject performances pre-lockdown he was given a fair ride overall. cd have cost us relegation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought he had a good game tonight, some of his runs out were great too alongside pinging long range balls with real accuracy. Impressed.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Played well tonight and will just get better. Really unfortunate for the third goal - it was instinct to stick out his leg.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The ability that Webster & White have to ping a ball 40+ yards to either March or Lamptey is amazing. We are building a very good team

Jury still out for me but when a manager pays 20 mill for you, you are going to get plenty of chances. Veltman and White could offer a stiffer test than a player Potter didn’t fancy in Duffy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here