Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t know what people are complaining about, we were good today.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Some people expect perfection. Bar a couple of mistakes, every one of those players had a good game.

We’ll play a lot worse teams than that this season so we’ll get the results, so no need to panic. Yes we need a few additions but we’ll CLEARLY be fine off that display.

We lost, it happens. Stop wetting the bed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Deserved a point I thought. Created more, won more second balls and we had the best player on the pitch.. Well Lamptey and Kante were both very good...

A pen / a worldie / a fluke - we didn’t get opened up at all.

Keep the faith - positive signs

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some people expect perfection. Bar a couple of mistakes, every one of those players had a good game.

We’ll play a lot worse teams than that this season so we’ll get the results, so no need to panic. Yes we need a few additions but we’ll CLEARLY be fine off that display.

Exactly, BUT we all know where the problems lie and hope a couple of signings will resolve them.

How many time did you hear the commentators say good play from either Maupay or Connolly? Never, and If they are still our front 2 (or Trossard) at Christmas then we will be near the bottom and in trouble.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Match day threads are never very good to follow unless we win ten nil

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gifting two goals to anyone is going to take a shine off any performance, no matter how good

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were good, Chelsea having spent a further 200 million so far this window needed a slice of luck to beat us.

Absolutely no complaints from me and as not much of a March fan normally I have to say he had a good game

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Looking good for the season. Especially if we can sign that elusive striker.

Given that we appear to be bound by a limit on wages, I am not sure how successful we are going to be with this.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not wetting the bed, obviously frustrated we didn't win, or draw and get something, we possibly deserved in a point.

We're justified in being frustrated, we were the better team for the first half at least, and arguably played the better football throughout.

Silly Avoidable mistakes cost us. Complaint justified

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Chelsea did not look up for this at all, they did not gel or play for prolonged periods as a team, yet they still beat us easily in the end, they just ramped it up slightly, got the goals and went back to sleep....

Don’t Let’s kid ourselves that we were close, it was relatively easy for them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Looked good tonight, need to take our chances.

Yep. Agree banjo. Dunk puts that in and it’s a different game.

We still need that threat up front. Connolly not the answer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn’t their lad in midfield cost more than our whole team tonight? Maybe whole squad actually. We are always punching against the big 6 and usually we do ok.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Chelsea did not look up for this at all, they did not gel or play for prolonged periods as a team, yet they still beat us easily in the end, they just ramped it up slightly, got the goals and went back to sleep....

Don’t Let’s kid ourselves that we were close, it was relatively easy for them.

This - but they will finish top 4 so hardly a season defining result.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Forget points dropped against Chelsea, if we play like that we will absolutely smash the likes of Fulham and West Brom. And West Ham, and based on this weekend's evidence, even Spurs.

Naturally we need a striker but that applies to half the teams in the league.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Forget points dropped against Chelsea, if we play like that we will absolutely smash the likes of Fulham and West Brom. And West Ham, and based on this weekend's evidence, even Spurs.

Naturally we need a striker but that applies to half the teams in the league.

I agree but I wonder how many other teams we could confidently add to that list.
Reckon it’s gonna be a bloody hard season.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We were good, Chelsea having spent a further 200 million so far this window needed a slice of luck to beat us.

Absolutely no complaints from me and as not much of a March fan normally I have to say he had a good game

This. I am not a massive March fan, but I thought he was very good tonight and if he can play like this every game I think he could be the answer at LWB. He looked more confident tonight and I am surprised at the negativity on other threads. I am more worried about the performances of Maupay and Connelly up front who looked way off the pace. Connelly usually makes runs and is a real menace but tonight both him and Maupay trotted around like it was a friendly. If we bring in a striker it is not as competition he must be an upgrade and start every game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree but I wonder how many other teams we could confidently add to that list.
Reckon it’s gonna be a bloody hard season.

I'm more convinced than ever that it won't. I reckon we will be like Southampton were last season. Comfortable well before the end of the season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

The result was depressing enough, reading such cliches rubs salt. What’s wrong with aspiring to draw or beating Chelsea? I mean, we’ve had quite a few games against now...but no, we’re BHA, just expect to lose and lose we do. At least we scored. Missed a few sitters like we always do. But Even Palace beat City away. Norwich beat City. Watford thrash Liverpool. Bmuff thrash Chelsea. Etc in recent seasons. But Brighton? Nope. It’s just bed wetting isn’t it? Nothing to do with gifting goals again and not being able to buy a PL striker or two...same old same old. Remember, against lesser teams we can really turn turd and be a lot worse than them too So I’m not as confident as you are that replicating such play agains these will transform into 3 easy points. yes, it’s only the first game of the season but it was at home and we’re shocking on the road. We can absolutely guarantee we won’t win at any of the top 6. Or even bottom. So home games, regardless of the opposition, are vital. First game of the season or last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here