Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did I learn from first game?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That we desperately need a striker and a left wing back as we already knew.

Maupay and Connolly were ineffective and although March did OK it doesn't fill me with confidence for the whole season. A Lamptey on the left and we are laughing.

Alzate made a big mistake but generally played well and Ryan cant be blamed fro any of the goals.

Lallana's infury is a concern though. If no Lallana are we back relying on Stephens? God forbid....

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We really have the makings of a top 12 team, but we absolutely have to make the signings needed (LWB and striker, possibly even another ball winning CM) to get us there.

Jimmy Grimble

I thought Solly had a good game in that role tonight. One of his best there probably.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I learnt that NSC will piss its collective pants as lost to Chelsea with a performance that will see us easily safe if repeated against the teams around us outside the top 10. But NSC only looks at the result and so we must be SHIT. ****ing embarrassing support sometimes.
Doesn't work like that though does it. We just look the same as last season. We are rubbish upfront. We will go to Newcastle dominate possession waste 2 or 3 chances and will get a 1-1 or narrow loss.

We have won the least games of any premier League team this calendar year. Something needs to change fast.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We really have the makings of a top 12 team, but we absolutely have to make the signings needed (LWB and striker, possibly even another ball winning CM) to get us there.

I think we need a DM too. What happened with that Colombian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loves Lamptey.
I loves the speed of thought and passing.
I loves the centre backs.
I loves the fact we played 'the kidz'
I loves crowding out the opposition with 3 players #Ballers.

Not so keen on the result.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I learnt that NSC will piss its collective pants as lost to Chelsea with a performance that will see us easily safe if repeated against the teams around us outside the top 10. But NSC only looks at the result and so we must be SHIT. ****ing embarrassing support sometimes.

Love your optimism but this is naive. Chelsea won’t play worse than that this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Solly did ok - some good stuff, some frustrating stuff. Footballing brain isn’t always there - but yes I agree, as most have said since the end of last season - striker and LWB.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

You've been doing this NSC bollox for a decade, why are you suddenly banging on and on about it tonight? As has already been pointed out, the overall mood is very hopeful and positive and almost no one is only ‘looking at the result.’ Furthermore, NSC isn’t representative of our fanbase whatsoever. Unbelievable.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
March’s final ball is no where near good enough to be our starting LWB if we are to progress. His crosses hit the first man every single time. But we knew that already.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think we need a DM too. What happened with that Colombian?

Was excited when we were linked with him but went quiet very quickly. He looks like just what we need- a proper combative workhorse of a DM to sit in behind Alzate/Lallana and Bissouma to take and play those short passes out of defence and bring some aggression into the press in the middle of the pitch.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
That we desperately need a striker and a left wing back as we already knew.

Maupay and Connolly were ineffective and although March did OK it doesn't fill me with confidence for the whole season. A Lamptey on the left and we are laughing.

Alzate made a big mistake but generally played well and Ryan cant be blamed fro any of the goals.

Lallana's infury is a concern though. If no Lallana are we back relying on Stephens? God forbid....

March did a lot better than ok. Defensively sound and a threat going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here