Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now TV is shit. Never trust em

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Last season advertised a game on BT as also on Sky, that couldn’t get if have Sky. Money down the pan.

Decided would ‘treat’ self tonight, signed in to Apple TV. Entered my log in details but it charged my mates account who we share with. Then, to my horror, it’s about a minute behind the run of play, nothing to do with buffering. Just is. So getting texts etc saying who’s scored, miss etc and WTF? Have to wait 60secs to catch up.

Ow, and forget about making a complaint. Like most Subscription tech these days it appears impossible to speak to anyone or even register a complaint.

So I’m going to say...go to a pub next time. Now TV is a crock of s hite. Thieving buggers. Done me twice.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Last season advertised a game on BT as also on Sky, that couldn’t get if have Sky. Money down the pan.

Decided would ‘treat’ self tonight, signed in to Apple TV. Entered my log in details but it charged my mates account who we share with. Then, to my horror, it’s about a minute behind the run of play, nothing to do with buffering. Just is. So getting texts etc saying who’s scored, miss etc and WTF? Have to wait 60secs to catch up.

Ow, and forget about making a complaint. Like most Subscription tech these days it appears impossible to speak to anyone or even register a complaint.

So I’m going to say...go to a pub next time. Now TV is a crock of s hite. Thieving buggers. Done me twice.

Always worked fine for me. When you do get through them, they are very helpful.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

All internet feeds are behind broadcast feeds. Same with radio to be honest. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NowTV via AppleTV does seem to be a fair way behind - it's how I watch. I've no idea if other ways of accessing NowTV are similar or not.

However, I've never had goal alerts, or similar, setup anywhere so I'm oblivious to that. I just watch the game - it's really not an issue.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
NowTV via AppleTV does seem to be a fair way behind - it's how I watch. I've no idea if other ways of accessing NowTV are similar or not.

However, I've never had goal alerts, or similar, setup anywhere so I'm oblivious to that. I just watch the game - it's really not an issue.

LG Smart TV app is the same. SkyGo exactly the same. Broadband is always way behind broadcast feeds.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
...and, frankly, £9.50 or so to see three live Albion games this week on the TV is well worth it.

£28.50 actually. And see my reply to Clapham. You are NOT helping Bozza with such ‘all fine here’ comments. I have been conned. Done. I want to watch LIVE football. Not everyone else knows the correct score but me FRAUDULENT LIVE football!! :censored::rant:

And I can’t complain because their customer service doesn’t exist and they’ve deducted from my mates Apple account instead of mine despite me signing in under mine. It’s shite. It doesn’t synch across all devices and I’m never using it again. Utter BOLLOCKS. :tantrum:

Viva illegal streams!!! :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am paying £23 a month for 9 months plus £3 for the 1080p upgrade, happy bunny. Picture quality is great, what’s not to like?

So I am a minute or so behind, no idea why that is a problem :shrug:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Try putting your phone away for 90 minutes and just watch the match.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hang on, we’ve just equalised!!! TROSSSSSSSAAARD! Great goal, we’re right back in this lads! Come on you super seagulls!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am paying £23 a month for 9 months plus £3 for the 1080p upgrade, happy bunny. Picture quality is great, what’s not to like?

So I am a minute or so behind, no idea why that is a problem :shrug:

How much is the LIVE version though?! You probably pay more for that eh?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
£28.50 actually. And see my reply to Clapham. You are NOT helping Bozza with such ‘all fine here’ comments. I have been conned. Done. I want to watch LIVE football. Not everyone else knows the correct score but me FRAUDULENT LIVE football!! :censored::rant:

And I can’t complain because their customer service doesn’t exist and they’ve deducted from my mates Apple account instead of mine despite me signing in under mine. It’s shite. It doesn’t synch across all devices and I’m never using it again. Utter BOLLOCKS. :tantrum:

Viva illegal streams!!! :albion2:

£9.79 for a week Sky Sports as highlighted on here earlier today - https://www.cdkeys.com/now-tv-sky-sports-1-week-pass

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm stuck for now in the Czech Rep. and NOW TV works perfectly. Had trouble to start with but they sorted it and gave me Sky Sports for 30 quid total for 3 months and Entertainment for free for 6 months.

Bloody love it.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
All internet based sources have a natural delay compared to radio/satellite live broadcasts. Don't look at your phone, is the advice you should have taken prior to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here