Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Watching from home" rituals

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Obviously we all have our own pre-match rituals when it comes to actually going to the Amex, but has anyone developed any pre-match rituals now we're all at home for every game?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going downt' pub tonight innit.

But I've dragged the TV out into the garden a few times over the summer to watch. I'll probably do it again on Thursday for our reserves game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1. Find dodgy stream.
2. Connect headphones.
3. Pour beer or wine.
4. Close front window, just in case we score or win, as I might forget my language.
5. Monitor NSC for any negative insights:lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want my rituals to resemble the real thing as much as possible.

This morning I went to the cash and carry and bought a can of burgers.
I've also spent the day pissing on the floor of my bathroom.

I have now just half cooked a burger on the landing, outside the now 'ripe' bathroom.
Had a final piss.
Walked through the house, leaving pissy footprints in my wake.
Am now wondering if I should eat this pinkish looking canned burger.

It's like I'm back in the SW corner of the Goldstone - happy days (they rarely were!)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TV sound down to zero to mute the relentless gushing over our opponents, it helps to make it a far more relaxed affair, just concentrating on the football in front of me.

There was a time, would you believe, where commentators simply described the action. Not; transfer budgets, he cost £______, manager under early pressure, what a setback, transfer business, blah, blah, blah. Any kind of win for Chavski tonight, will launch a week of wnkg over the amazing Fat Frank.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sad, but if I'm watching the Albion on the tellybox I have to wear at least one item of clothing which is Blue.

I'm too old and paunchy to wear a replica shirt btw.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like Dr Who when I was younger, hide behind the sofa

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sitting in the ESU, a quiet front room re-creates the atmosphere of the match anyway. I just get a much bigger seat.

I still leave on 85 minutes though- just to make it authentic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same as in the North Stand concourse - pint, match day programme in hand while looking up to watch the football on tv

My brother in law bought a new house and spanking top of the range telly and mounted it too high.....schoolboy error. It does recreate the west upper concourse well. Which is a pity because he's a Coventry City man. He's too proud to have the telly moved. If I were a cruelller sort of person I would relentlessly take the piss.

Back on topic, I watch a lot of telly football and my ritual is to go round my mate's house and watch the football. I bring wine with me. And my inimitable repartee.

D

Deleted member 2719

While watching the Albion, I have no rituals.

Before playing football, I used to like playing hi tempo, preferably punk music on the way to the match or at home if it was a local game.punk:

During playing a football match, I liked to get one of those solid like tackles in the first 5 mins, if possible.:hilton:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
My brother in law bought a new house and spanking top of the range telly and mounted it too high.....schoolboy error. It does recreate the west upper concourse well. Which is a pity because he's a Coventry City man. He's too proud to have the telly moved. If I were a cruelller sort of person I would relentlessly take the piss.

Back on topic, I watch a lot of telly football and my ritual is to go round my mate's house and watch the football. I bring wine with me. And my inimitable repartee.

Fortunately, no cranking of neck here, a slight uplift of head from match programme to tv and back

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

Fortunately, no cranking of neck here, a slight uplift of head from match programme to tv and back

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I get much more nervous watching us on telly than in the ground. Don't know why.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here