Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Motoring Offence Scam Emails.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I got two emails today, see one below. Apparently, as is "started" on the notice, the exact location where my offence took place was "United Kingdom"! I must be guilty, because that is exactly where I was at the time!!
I won't be clicking on the link to pay. I won't be phoning the number, which strangely is unavailable.
I will be ignoring these emails and blocking the sender.

Attachments

• Scam_LI.jpg
    Scam_LI.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If anyone actually falls for that they deserve to lose £25 and have their debit card spanked by an Albanian or Nigerian fraudster.

Location of offence: United Kingdom.

A tad...shit.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I got two emails today, see one below. Apparently, as is "started" on the notice, the exaction location where my offence took place was "United Kingdom"! I must be guilty, because that is exactly where I was at the time!!
I won't be clicking on the link to pay. I won't be phoning the number, which strangely is unavailable.
I will be ignoring these emails and blocking the sender.

Getting more elaborate all the time and I guess they only need to suck in a small percentage to make it worth their while.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Taken from the gov.uk website.

Fraudulent HMRC emails, text messages and suspicious phone calls.

Email.
Forward suspicious emails and details of suspicious phone calls to HMRC’s phishing team
phishing@hmrc.gov.uk

To help us deal with your email as quickly as possible please give details of what you’re reporting in the subject line (for example ‘Suspicious email address’ or ‘Twitter scam’).

If HMRC needs to contact you about anything confidential they’ll reply by phone or post.

Suspicious text messages.
Forward suspicious text messages to 60599. Text messages will be charged at your network rate.

HMRC never send notifications of a tax rebate or ask you to disclose personal or payment information by email or text message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here