Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nasty Palace

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Newspapers not impressed.
They are going to charge OAPs £200 just to secure their season tickets for next season.
It will apply to those that do not wish to visit this season due to Covid.
Apparently no other club is considering this shameful stunt.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
They need to raise funds to pay off QPR for Eze and Benrahma who looks to be on his way from Brentford.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As opposed to the Albion who are absolutely not letting OAPs defer season tickets and in theory may have to pay for half a season and attend no games?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As opposed to the Albion who are absolutely not letting OAPs defer season tickets and in theory may have to pay for half a season and attend no games?

But at least I know I can have the same seat with my mates next season and not go back on the waiting list.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Are you sure about that? This applies to me and from all the bumph I have had from the club have not understood that to be the case.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are you sure about that? This applies to me and from all the bumph I have had from the club have not understood that to be the case.

Perhaps I am wrong - but I thought only those with medical / exemption details could defer?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Is this actually any different to what the Albion and probably a host of Premier League clubs are doing for people who simply don’t want to go at all this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
While we are talking about the Nigels, they must have a good idea that Zaha is on his way. £40m for Eze and Benrahma, and they haven’t offloaded Benteke either.
I would imagine that the new stand will be on hold for a while if they can’t recoup most of that outlay with the Zaha sale proceeds.
Risky approach as I haven’t heard of any team showing real intent on buying him.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
But at least I know I can have the same seat with my mates next season and not go back on the waiting list.

That £200 saves your seat for next season and comes off next seasons ticket.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

If that's the case then it doesn't sound bad. But might have been more 'media friendly' to just tell them their seat is safe this season, and we'll see you in 2021/22. I guess all clubs have to juggle the income in the best way they can though.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

A friend who is a Palace STH is taking advantage of the scheme, missing this season because he feels it just won't be the same and basically putting a £200 deposit on his current seat for the following season.
TBH I thought it was quite a good idea.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
A friend who is a Palace STH is taking advantage of the scheme, missing this season because he feels it just won't be the same and basically putting a £200 deposit on his current seat for the following season.
TBH I thought it was quite a good idea.

Is this for all STH then. Paper gave impression it was only for the elderly.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My Palace is fuming as he does not want to go this year, (although he hates Parrish, or Pinocchio as he calls him). He refuses to pay the £200 as is awaiting the clubs response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here