Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your pre season Albion Mojo, where is it?

How is your pre season Albion Mojo

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As we get ready to start our assault on the Top Ten/avoiding relegation (take your pick) how is your Albion Mojo?

Mine has taken a hit, a few weeks ago it was up to 9 as we signed Lallana and Veltman and then retained White. It has taken a big hit as we have been brushed aside by other clubs in our never ending transfer window quest for a striker.

The fact that we are playing an opening game against a team that we have never taken three points off isn’t great either :smile:

How’s yours?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit, my mojo is around the 6 mark and just hoping we don't concede in the first 7 minutes against Chelsea. We put down a marker with Lallana, White and Veltman and made room by releasing players and reeling in some funds starting with Knockie. I have faith in Potter and he is putting his own team together, quite rightly. The players seem to love his methods. If we had found a goalscoring forward to fire the imagination, I'd probably be an 8 or even 9. If Jahanbaksh is that player I'll be even happier after a couple of games. But, at the moment my mojo is lying low, despite my huge anticipation for the Chelsea match.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Must admit, my mojo is around the 6 mark and just hoping we don't concede in the first 7 minutes against Chelsea. We put down a marker with Lallana, White and Veltman and made room by releasing players and reeling in some funds starting with Knockie. I have faith in Potter and he is putting his own team together, quite rightly. The players seem to love his methods. If we had found a goalscoring forward to fire the imagination, I'd probably be an 8 or even 9. If Jahanbaksh is that player I'll be even happier after a couple of games. But, at the moment my mojo is lying low, despite my huge anticipation for the Chelsea match.

This is where I am too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Happy to hang my coat on this peg.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
As we get ready to start our assault on the Top Ten/avoiding relegation (take your pick) how is your Albion Mojo?

Mine has taken a hit, a few weeks ago it was up to 9 as we signed Lallana and Veltman and then retained White. It has taken a big hit as we have been brushed aside by other clubs in our never ending transfer window quest for a striker.

The fact that we are playing an opening game against a team that we have never taken three points off isn’t great either :smile:

How’s yours?

That pretty much sums up how I’m feeling.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
6 for me. Keen to see Lallana and hoping at least some of White, Bissouma, MacAllister, Molumby, Alzate et al can really progress this season. My concern is lack of goals and that long winless stretch before lockdown. We were hopeless and, until lockdown, I couldn't see Potter turning things round. I think that run gets a bit forgotten with everything that's gone on since. Let's hope it was a blip.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It looks like we’re waiting for prices to drop before we start buying, which is fine but that isn’t helping my mood. Plus the fact I’m not sure how many points we’ll get in the first 5 games so I went for a mojo of 4. Also because most of our rivals have brought good players who I would have wanted!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Len-seven-592526.jpg

As seems to be becoming a recurring theme, we're smart and prudent – verging on inspired – when it comes to recruitment and development for all areas of the team apart from bloody strikers.

It's now almost a year since we abruptly binned off Andone and Locadia after the season began, and tbh I don't think we've properly addressed the imbalance and risk that has caused ever since. The addition of one extra decent or even quality striker would have made last season far more comfortable, and the continued lack of one makes me similarly nervous for this season. If Maupay gets injured, we're in trouble. And I find it baffling that such a well-run organisation can't find some kind of solution to this, and continues to risk so much on it. I don't doubt they're trying, I don't doubt it's hard, but 12 months with no resolution to such a blatant need is frustrating.

Nonetheless I shall be excitedly looking forward to KO tonight, 11:15pm Dubai time. Start of a new season is always fun.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
7 - until the Murray replacement is in place, difficult to be any more positive.

Lots f pretty football with no end product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

How’s yours?

Spot on. Currently far lower than it should be before the first game of an exciting new season. There is one reason for that. Top 10 defence. Top 10 midfield. Bottom 3 strike force. Frankly, unforgivable,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

How’s yours?

Me too - thrilled when we signed Lallana and Veltman, Dunk signed a new contract and White was not sold to Leeds, and so I was quietly confident of aiming for mid-table, on the basis that we had the time and (freed-up) cash to focus on signing a decent striker.

Now, with our rumoured striker targets signing for other clubs, and Naylor (I know, I know) tweeting that we are nowhere near close to any new signings, I fear a repeat of last season: games in which we have 65-70% of possession, and a strong defence, but lack of quality and clinical-finishing in the opponent's penalty area will mean drawing a lot of games which we ought otherwise to have won.

As such, my early summer enthusiasm has been downgraded to 'meh'; from a 9 to a 4.

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Always good for another chance to stick the knife in about the Albion not being bothered about signing strikers.

I genuinely don't understand the stunning lack of critical thinking on this issue. Do you genuinely think the club isn't looking for a new striker? There is a balance that they need to find between spunking a load of money on a ridiculous transfer, and crazy wages. Watkins fee rising to £33m and £70k per week in wages? Are you serious? Would that constitute anything other than a ridiculous risk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 - It's physical impossible for us to score any goals.

The recruitment team can only search for 1 player at a time.
We have millions of centre backs.
Barber-out is all but silent.
We've let a striker who was never going to play leave.
No waterslide.
The transfer window in all but closed.
Despite thinking we won't win, not winning tonight will have me wanting to fight half of NSC by 22:06.
Tonight's pie is Peacock when I wanted Dodo.
There won't be an announcement at 5.
Solly March being sold just takes us closer to PLC Albion and not a local team for local people.
Spence will be back soon.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Never so low , 4 at best , yup we can watch it on tv but a massive part of following a football club is actually being there and the excitement of the day , until supporters are back in the stadiums my mojo won't improve much , however bad or well we do on the pitch .

#buggeroffcovid

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Always good for another chance to stick the knife in about the Albion not being bothered about signing strikers.

I genuinely don't understand the stunning lack of critical thinking on this issue. Do you genuinely think the club isn't looking for a new striker? There is a balance that they need to find between spunking a load of money on a ridiculous transfer, and crazy wages. Watkins fee rising to £33m and £70k per week in wages? Are you serious? Would that constitute anything other than a ridiculous risk.

Given GP's comments about improving the players we have, and getting other players to contribute more goals, I have acquired doubts, over the last couple of months, about how hard or how seriously we are really trying.

Can't help suspecting that the club has adopted a "make do with what we've already got" attitude, and GP's comments are intended to lower our expectations of signing a decent striker.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 4, given we cannot attend games end of last season was a novelty being on TV but now all very bland and boring.

Until we can go to games again it will remain so for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Who is saying the club aren’t bothered? Is it not understandable to be concerned but also understand the fact that we can’t/ aren’t willing to over spend? Frustration rather than getting stressed about it is my take. If we have to go with what we have, so be it, but it will be fecking annoying, as is hearing that all our striker targets are choosing to go to other clubs, mostly our rivals in the relegation stakes :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it actually unforgivable though?

No, of course it isn't - just note who posted it and ignore!

Mojo has dropped in the last few days, not helped by the staggered start to the season which has seen Palace get off with a win, and Newcastle and Everton both looking very good. Not to mention Leeds not getting thrashed.
Our first match is against Chelsea, who we've never beaten, our second home match is United, and our first two away matches are at Newcastle and Everton, both with their tales up. Then Palace. By the time we get to matchday 6, at home to WBA, we could be in a very poor league position. I still think we're good enough, and will be alright, but a bad start could sap confidence and make the whole season a bit of a fight to catch up.
Voted 5. Any sort of result tonight would boost that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here