Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Frank Lampard's Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Frank Lampard's Chelsea

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Monday 14th September 2020
Kick-off: 20:15 BST
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Richard West
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Kevin Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Brighton's new signing Adam Lallana will be looking for his first Premier League start since December 2019.

Jose Izquiedero and Christian Walton are Albion's only injury absentees.

Chelsea's expensive German signings Kai Havertz and Timo Werner are in line for their debuts.

Hakim Ziyech and Ben Chilwell are injured and Thiago Silva lacks fitness, but Christian Pulisic and Cesar Azpilicueta have overcome hamstring problems.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Chelsea are the only opponents Brighton have played a league fixture against without ever winning. The 1-1 draw at Amex Stadium on New Year's Day was Brighton's first point against the Blues, and came at the 10th attempt.
    [*=left]Albion's only competitive victory in 14 attempts against Chelsea came in their first meeting, an FA Cup tie on the south coast in January 1933.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton's tally of three victories in their 18 Premier League fixtures in 2020 is the lowest of any side currently in the division (D9, L6).
    [*=left]Nonetheless, they recorded their highest Premier League tally of points (41) and goals (39) last season, as well as registering their fewest defeats (15).
    [*=left]They can win their opening league fixture in successive seasons for the first time since 2010-11.
    [*=left]Albion haven't lost a league game on a Monday in 10 attempts since an April 2015 defeat by Rotherham. All five of their Premier League games played on Mondays have been drawn.
    [*=left]Adam Lallana's failure to score or provide an assist in his nine league games against Chelsea is his worst record against a top-flight club.
Frank Lampard's Chelsea

• [*=left]This is the third time Chelsea are starting a Premier League campaign on a Monday, with the Blues going on to win the title on the previous two occasions in 2014-15 and 2016-17.
    [*=left]Twelve league defeats in 2019-20 equalled the most by a Chelsea side in a season since Roman Abramovich became owner in 2003.
    [*=left]They lost their final two competitive fixtures of the 2019-20 campaign and could suffer three straight defeats for the first time since May to August 2006.
    [*=left]Chelsea conceded 54 Premier League goals last season, just one short of their club record. Nine clean sheets was their joint-fewest in a Premier League campaign.
    [*=left]Frank Lampard's side kept only one clean sheet in their 19 Premier League away matches of 2019-20, in a 2-0 win at Tottenham in December.
    [*=left]New signing Timo Werner scored 28 league goals for RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga last season, the fourth highest tally in Europe's top five leagues.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Pawson? Hooper? Friend? Awful!

Hoping for the first ever league win over CFC with Lamptey having a magnificent game and showing up that thug James.

Ryan
Lamptey White Dunk Webster March
Bissouma Alzate
Lallana
Connolly Maupay

Sanchez, Burn, Veltman, Molumby, Mac Allister, Gross, Trossard.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
8.15 is late for a kick off time. I remember when evening matches started at 7.30 and you got home in time for the 10 o’clock news.
Now it is :bowdown: to Sky tv!

The score? At this time of year it is easy to be complacent and say, “ there’s plenty of time to start winning “ but all points count the same, and one or three tonight would be nice.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I haven't been feeling very confident about this one, but I've woken up with a strange, almost prophetic feeling that..............we're going to lose! You heard it here first.

I do like the look of our probable line-up and new look midfield though. So maybe......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is Frank Lampard's Chelsea's Frank Lampard the same Frank Lampard formerly known as Frank Lampard's Derby County's Frank Lampard ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is it on Sky or BT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, this isn't just you, it's gazillions of people. It's a question I'd ask the Almighty if I ever met them.

Why do people ask questions on social media that an answer is available to in a search engine within seconds ?

I typed the 'brighton v chelsea tv station' in and this came up straight away:

Screenshot 2020-09-14 085848.png

The again, I suppose I could have searched for 'Why do people ask questions on social media that an answer is available to in a search engine within seconds ?'

So I suppose I'm just as bad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was feeling confident about this one, but looking at out potential Bench it seems weaker then last year without Mooy and Murray.
Also we've never beaten Chelsea in the Premier League losing 9 drawing 1
Really? Looking at the list of subs suggested in post #3 (not that I necessarily agree with the team selection, though it's not bad) who exactly on that bench would you replace with Mooy and Murray (Murray now, not a year or two ago in his pomp)?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Okay, this isn't just you, it's gazillions of people. It's a question I'd ask the Almighty if I ever met them.

Why do people ask questions on social media that an answer is available to in a search engine within seconds ?

I typed the 'brighton v chelsea tv station' in and this came up straight away:

View attachment 128312

The again, I suppose I could have searched for 'Why do people ask questions on social media that an answer is available to in a search engine within seconds ?'

So I suppose I'm just as bad.

:lolol:

(were loose)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course we’re going to lose. It’s Brighton v Chelsea! The big question is whether we’ll have a shot (on target, that was meant, requiring a save)? Tune into Sky folks, you never know, we might get mentioned too during the pundit HT analysis!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pawson, Hoops AND Friend? We won't just loose, we will be expelled from the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here