Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PSG vs Marseille brawl

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I sometimes wonder at the mentality of some posters. I mean, what made this individual think to start a new thread about this when there is already one prominently visible on the front page started under an hour earlier. Was he so fervently rabid in his desire to report this incident that he fired up NSC and instantly went to "create new thread" without even giving a cursory glance to what thread titles were currently on the front page? Or did he see the older thread and think "Oh someone else already reported it but I'll start a new one cos MY thread will be better because it will be started by ME and therefore the other thread will just die and drop off the front page".

People are strange.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I sometimes wonder at the mentality of some posters. I mean, what made this individual think to start a new thread about this when there is already one prominently visible on the front page started under an hour earlier. Was he so fervently rabid in his desire to report this incident that he fired up NSC and instantly went to "create new thread" without even giving a cursory glance to what thread titles were currently on the front page? Or did he see the older thread and think "Oh someone else already reported it but I'll start a new one cos MY thread will be better because it will be started by ME and therefore the other thread will just die and drop off the front page".

People are strange.

I didn’t see the other thread, what a crime. However your in depth pseudo psychoanalysis that you took the time to write out took longer then my post and frankly is a little creepy.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Snide irritating diving little tw*t that Neymar.
I don't think there's another player I'd wish an injury on other than him, the smug faced cheat. I think he must be due one soon anyhow.
Alleges Gonzales made a racist remark to him after he had been sent off.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm going to join this thread now 'cos we're winning 7 - 4 against the other thread.

I love reading about PSG imploding.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'm going to join this thread now 'cos we're winning 7 - 4 against the other thread.

I love reading about PSG imploding.

Only winning 7- 4 because 3 posts were arguing that this thread should never have been started. Damn, now I've made it 8 - 4!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

People are strange.

It must be hard being as perfect as you.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Snide irritating diving little tw*t that Neymar.
I don't think there's another player I'd wish an injury on other than him, the smug faced cheat. I think he must be due one soon anyhow.
Alleges Gonzales made a racist remark to him after he had been sent off.

The story is actually that the remarks were made before the incident, repeated and then Neymar had a swipe.

The French broadcaster very quickly confirmed this story was likely true on review of video footage. A good run down here: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/neymar-accuses-marseille-defender-alvaro-gonzalez-of-racism/

Whilst it is funny to laugh at Neymar and PSG, let's be serious - this, especially in the current climate, is despicable. Pre-lockdown Ligue 1 were having enough issues, regularly having to stop games due to racist chanting in the stands. Hardly a good look to have it vindicated on the pitch.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

People are strange.

Just out of interest, do you really think people work like that? I can't say that in my many
years on this planet I've met anyone who fits that profile.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Almost as important is what you do about players not leaving the pitch once red carded and arguing with or sarcastically applauding the ref. No wonder football refs get abused and assaulted all the time and kids/parents think it is OK to dispute any refereeing decision. Football needs to sort out these snides. I thought the ref did really well to stay calm during all that.

Red card. Stand and argue? one extra game banned. Sarcasticargue with the ref? One extra game on the ban. Still don't leave the pitch? one extra on the ban. Engage in an argument with another player etc etc. Rack them up untill the refs get some respect and control.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Almost as important is what you do about players not leaving the pitch once red carded and arguing with or sarcastically applauding the ref. No wonder football refs get abused and assaulted all the time and kids/parents think it is OK to dispute any refereeing decision. Football needs to sort out these snides. I thought the ref did really well to stay calm during all that.

Red card. Stand and argue? one extra game banned. Sarcasticargue with the ref? One extra game on the ban. Still don't leave the pitch? one extra on the ban. Engage in an argument with another player etc etc. Rack them up untill the refs get some respect and control.

Allow the ref to chin anyone sent off if they don't go immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here