Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britain 'opting out' of European Convention on Human Rights ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In amongst all the Boris bashing remember that Europe appear to be being as difficult as they can be over Brexit and are deserving of being slagged off too.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There must be plenty of political forums out there for you

Surely you'd get a far better discussion on those

Because NSC only ever discusses football. There was a clue in the title and prefix if you weren't interested

Personally I don't open the cycling thread to tell everyone how 'uninterested' I am :shrug:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Intending to break international law AND opting out of human rights legislation. Quite a week for Johnson. Still, at least we haven’t got that jam making commie am I right? :moo:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Does this mean we can deport murderers, thieves and rapists, without danger of affecting their 'right to a family life'?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can only see this news behind the pay walls of the Independent and Telegraph.

Without subjectivity and noise, please can someone explain the reason/s why we might be opting out?

Without paywalls

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-plans-to-opt-out-of-human-rights-laws-amid-brexit-row/ar-BB18YvdU :thumbsup:

There's references to stopping asylum seekers and stopping prosecution of British soldiers (well they would, wouldn't they ?) but I don't think the reasons are clear yet. I suspect we won't find out until the Government put it before parliament.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does this mean we can deport murderers, thieves and rapists, without danger of affecting their 'right to a family life'?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think it's more to do with letting police batter protesters when they stand up against the government

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As every day passes, I am increasingly happy that I recently managed to secure an Irish passport. Of course I'm still a Brit, but I think I'll try to keep that hidden. The UK is such an embarrassment at the moment.

Oh well - I suppose it's another nationalistic, jingoistic attempt to divert the masses from the everyday reality of life in Britain.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think it's more to do with letting police batter protesters when they stand up against the government

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Cant have the plebs getting ideas now can we?

I swear, each day we are descending into the narrative of the graphic novel and film ‘V for Vendetta’.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Intending to break international law AND opting out of human rights legislation. Quite a week for Johnson. Still, at least we haven’t got that jam making commie am I right? :moo:

Post a meme from Leave.EU or other right wing propaganda machine for added affect

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From one of the 10 founding members (currently 47) to trying to get out of our obligations in just 60 years

Boris Johnson 'plans to opt out of human rights laws'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-human-rights-act-uk-europe-convention-boris-johnson-b433013.html

I have to say that the pride I had in some of the things Britain achieved is dissolving daily :down:

Remember, this was a government that had to be shamed in to feeding children in poverty by a professional footballer. Maybe the plan is to abolish the Minimum Wage and simply to let these children starve once we have pulled out of the relevant chapters of the ECHR ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I suspect we won't find out until the Government put it before parliament.

I'd be surprised if they actually did that, given the contempt they have for the masses and for their very own laws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here