Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6, 7, 8 . . .

el punal

Yay! Let’s be entertained. How many, and which, games have you seen where a team has scored six or more back of the net jobs - Albion related if poss?

I’ll start off with some of my specials :

Albion v Mansfield, January (I think) 1966, we won 6-4, it was 5-2 at halftime!

Albion v Bristol Rovers, 1973 - yes, that game, under Brian Clough, and lost 8-2, eight bloody two!!

Albion v Walsall, Oct/Nov 1976 - 0-0 at halftime then Wardie and Spider do their double act and we win 7-0.

Albion v Mansfield (again!) August 1999 - our first game at Withdean, and what a game to return home, 6-0.

Albion v Blackpool, April 2013 - we win 6-1 but score all the goals

One more memorable one, which I reckon very few can match, I watched Chelsea beat Jeunesse Esch (Luxembourg), in 1972, 13-0, in the Cup Winners Cup at Stamford Bridge. The aggregate score was 21-0!

Over to you, playmates! :drink:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Think it was 10-1 v Wisbech in the cup and 9-0 v Southend in the league two weeks later ?

Just so happened the Daily express were doing a 'special coverage' that day on the Albion. Several pages of the game and photos of the goals. Pure luck.. !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thrashed Carlisle 6-1 at goldstone in circa 1985. Alan Biley got a peach of a curler in front of the north stand.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good shout that,night game?

Carlisle goal was the pick of the night

30 yards out maybe,he got a generous round of applause

No, was a sunny Saturday afternoon

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Charlton 7-0 October 1983. Remember listening on Radio Sussex when they kept breaking away from music.
Liverpool 1-6 then we scored most of the goals.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Also was at Forest Green Rovers 1 Macclesfield 1 (Macclesfield win 11-10 on penalties)

Think it was the FA Cup record for number of penalties in a shootout - 24

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
6-1 v Blackpool at the Amex and I seem to remember we scored their goal as well

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Never :(

Almost went to Chester, and was a couple of hours late getting to Brighton for the 6-2 over Torquay at the start of the 2000-01 promotion season. But I did get to bump into one of our new signings in the pub garden near Withdean after that game.

Conversation went something like 'what was the score today mate?' '6-2, and he scored twice' , pointing at a shy Nathan Jones sitting in the corner. Took me a couple of seconds to recall his face from the Argus, have him a hearty 'well done and welcome to the Albion'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here