Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Plucky Leeds.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All depends on their start for me. They really could go either way. I’m presuming Bielsa has some sort of talent

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Not bad at all. All I can say from a negative perspective is that their keeper looked a little dodgy at times. We would be ecstatic if the Albion put in a performance like that at Anfield.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unless there is a break in the season due to countrywide lockdown, I would expect Leeds to run out of steam in the second half of the season. Survival will depend on how many points they pick up before Christmas.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I didn’t think they were that great actually, Liverpool were really off their game, if they were they would have won that comfortably. The game was entertaining but lacked actual quality.

Leeds had 3 shots on target, all went in, that’s not going to happen very often.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Huge work rate against a team with an awful defence of late. The perfect opponents for Leeds with acres of space for Bamford and Ayling to run in behind.

I wonder if they’re tailor made to picked off by teams that love opponents throwing bodies forward en masse, then rob them on the counter later on - Palace, Burnley, ManC, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Mmmmm they have some decent players and tactically are quite unusual in the way they keep swapping systems. The good news is they were very good without last season’s best player our White so he must have really progressed.
The Reds looked slow especially Henderson but he hasn’t played for a while, and even though we weren’t great we still won.
Great game but I’m not sure leeds will continue to play that well during the season. Goalie looked decent but he will have to be as they may score a few but they will let a lot in.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
They looked very good and would have beaten us easily, I fear, home or away.....based on today's performance.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
They did really well, no denying that,
However they looked at sea defensively and scored 3 from 3 shots on target.

They will need to improve defensively.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Unless there is a break in the season due to countrywide lockdown, I would expect Leeds to run out of steam in the second half of the season. Survival will depend on how many points they pick up before Christmas.

Yes, the review of Bielsa's career said that he works his teams so hard that they fade in the latter stages of the season due to fatigue. They were greatly helped last season by the lockdown break as they were starting to slip up just before it came - they rested and started afresh and got over the line in style.

A full season in the Prem will test them but they looked good today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here