Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Sir Terence Conran

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sure the oldies on here all bought something from Habitat in their youth. Cool as feck at the time

The very definition of an Entrepreneur :bowdown:

I always wanted to go to his Bibendum Restaurant, is it still going? How cool is the architecture? An ex garage I think?

6326C184-A2D0-4972-B70B-3B9DDE402FFB.jpeg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When I was working at Gatwick Airport I remember BAA used him as a design consultant for the interiors on the North Terminal

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Now he is a loss just the type of personality with ability this country is going to need to build our way out of this recession

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Late sixties. Trip on bus from Seaford to old Churchill Square where there was Habitat. Limited funds allowed me to buy a trendy calendar and a paper and wire globe lampshade. Race home to fit in my bedroom, wondering when the rest of the fifties, dark-brown ghastly furniture would disappear. It was a revolution.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Now he is a loss just the type of personality with ability this country is going to need to build our way out of this recession

He was 88!

D

Deleted member 2719

He had a house built on a steep hill, state of the art at the time with everything electronic and glass-fronted. How he got planning, god only knows!

RIP Terrence, a man that could disrupt the market.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Spent many a sat nite in the mid 90’s in Conran’s designed restaurant / bar Mezzo wardour st in soho, London .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here