Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly to West Ham?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Don’t know if 90mins is just another in a long line of terrible rumour mills but some of the content of this made me chuckle.

Apparently (and I’m sure this is made up) Solly wants a move to improve his England chances.

Erm....

No

I like Solly, but haven’t seen anything to make me think he is only a ‘big’ club away from an England call up.

https://www.90min.com/posts/west-ham-interested-in-brighton-winger-solly-march

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don’t know if 90mins is just another in a long line of terrible rumour mills but some of the content of this made me chuckle.

Apparently (and I’m sure this is made up) Solly wants a move to improve his England chances.

Erm....

No

I like Solly, but haven’t seen anything to make me think he is only a ‘big’ club away from an England call up.

https://www.90min.com/posts/west-ham-interested-in-brighton-winger-solly-march
They claim it's an exclusive. I'm not surprised it is ..............................

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I do rate Solly March and if he could be a more consistent performer he'd be regarded much higher in quality than he gets on here.
But I don't believe that rumour one bit.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If he played for West Ham, he is exactly the sort of player that Southgate would pick for England.

But Southgate is an idiot.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
What? To get match tickets? He’ll just have to apply like everybody else.

Whilst this also made me chuckle, i wasn’t wanting to have a go at Solly or slag off his ability.

He’s a good player but not international standard for me.

The reason I mentioned it with the link was more a comment on how silly the journalism was.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I doubt it very much. Solly is a tidy player who doesn't get caught out positionally very often but makes poor decisions in the final third. He should be an ideal LWB

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think Solly is going to have a good season with us. It’s his time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
would be pretty surprised and disappointed if a move suddenly made him an England international. if he has the ability should be showing it in blue and white.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Oh good, another thread bashing our own players.

That wasn’t the intention of the thread. But fair enough, I suppose I did tee it up to go that way.

As I said in the original post, I like Solly, he deserves a place in the current Albion team.

But I think that the lazy journo looking at the under 21 caps and then claiming he is looking for a move to get into the England team is daft.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
would be pretty surprised and disappointed if a move suddenly made him an England international. if he has the ability should be showing it in blue and white.

We all know Solly is a confidence player, and we all know the players read social media, so threads like this are unlikely to spur him on to his best form with us. Some of the comments on here and elsewhere are pretty shameful from so-called 'supporters' imho

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We all know Solly is a confidence player, and we all know the players read social media, so threads like this are unlikely to spur him on to his best form with us. Some of the comments on here and elsewhere are pretty shameful from so-called 'supporters' imho

It's got Ashley Barnes written all over it.

D

Deleted member 2719

I do rate Solly March and if he could be a more consistent performer he'd be regarded much higher in quality than he gets on here.
But I don't believe that rumour one bit.

100% this, all he needs to complete his game is belief IMO.I believe we are seeing more of that under Potter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here