Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 15 teams are in PL are previous champions (of the top leagues).

larus

Read something on the BBC that of the current PL, 15 teams have previously won the title (in whatever name the top division has been in it’s history).

So who’s not won if from the current line-up? My guess is (without checking). Any mistakes here?
Brighton.
Southampton.
Palace.
WBA.
West Ham.

Adding a new name to the list of ‘previous winners’ with the current structure/financing of the game would appear extremely difficult to do it now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Read something on the BBC that of the current PL, 15 teams have previously won the title (in whatever name the top division has been in it’s history).

So who’s not won if from the current line-up? My guess is (without checking). Any mistakes here?
Brighton.
Southampton.
Palace.
WBA.
West Ham.

Adding a new name to the list of ‘previous winners’ with the current structure/financing of the game would appear extremely difficult to do it now.
Fulham?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Brighton.
Southampton.
Palace.
WBA.
West Ham.

Surely WBA must have won something? I see them occasionally classed as a "big club" and the only reason I can think of is because they must have won something (probably a bazillion years ago)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought Fulham had decent teams in the past, but maybe it’s them and not West Ham?

Fulham were a decent side in the days of Johnny Haynes and Jimmy Hill, but I'm pretty sure they never won the 1st. division - I don't think any of the five you mentioned have either, unless West Brom. won it 100 years ago or so.

Edit: Just looked it up - WBA won the league in 1919-20. 100 years ago wasn't a bad guess!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here