Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Optus Sport and LG Smart TV in Oz

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Went to renew my Optus Sport subscription today and as well as the existing $15 per month they have an offer of $99 for a whole year - offer expires 27th September.
And a heads-up if you have an LG Smart TV and weren't aware that Optus released an App for it in July. No more having to fiddle with HDMI cables or Chromecasting it's as easy simple & easy as watching Netflix.
Find the App in the LG Content Store which is on the Homepage. Click on New, then scroll down, click on the Optus Sport logo and download.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Went to renew my Optus Sport subscription today and as well as the existing $15 per month they have an offer of $99 for a whole year - offer expires 27th September.
And a heads-up if you have an LG Smart TV and weren't aware that Optus released an App for it in July. No more having to fiddle with HDMI cables or Chromecasting it's as easy simple & easy as watching Netflix.
Find the App in the LG Content Store which is on the Homepage. Click on New, then scroll down, click on the Optus Sport logo and download.

£50 for a year.That sounds like a bargain. Nowtv have just emailed me an offer of £300 for a year

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Did you have to sign up as a new customer for this?

I watch through my iPad and can't see how to switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Had a friends logon details for Optus, downloaded the app to my iPad while I was there, got a VPN. Worked fine when I got back from Oz, in March, but the app needed an update when restart happened, and guess what, regardless of VPN the App Store won’t allow me to update the app as I’m not in Oz and my store account isn’t registered in Oz. And I just checked, the app isn’t available on my LG Smart TV either.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Did you have to sign up as a new customer for this?

I watch through my iPad and can't see how to switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

No, been an existing customer since Albion got promoted to The Premier - same season I think Optus bought the rights.
I unsubscribed at the end of last season and when I went to renew today was offered the $99 per year deal.
It was on the Optus Sport website which I accessed via my Desktop - it didn't appear on my iphone.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Had a friends logon details for Optus, downloaded the app to my iPad while I was there, got a VPN. Worked fine when I got back from Oz, in March, but the app needed an update when restart happened, and guess what, regardless of VPN the App Store won’t allow me to update the app as I’m not in Oz and my store account isn’t registered in Oz. And I just checked, the app isn’t available on my LG Smart TV either.

You can get round this by just changing your Country/Region in your account settings to Australia.
You can then change back your region when you've updated.

I haven't tried this with IOS 14 or Optus Sports at all, but it used to work fine on previous builds.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
You can get round this by just changing your Country/Region in your account settings to Australia.
You can then change back your region when you've updated.

I haven't tried this with IOS 14 or Optus Sports at all, but it used to work fine on previous builds.

You'd have thought that, but then you have to have an iTunes account registered in Australia, I've tried everything to do it, and nothing has worked. Sadly, I think they have caught up with the work-arounds.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You'd have thought that, but then you have to have an iTunes account registered in Australia, I've tried everything to do it, and nothing has worked. Sadly, I think they have caught up with the work-arounds.

ARGH! THEY'VE CLOSED THE LOOPHOLE! Commiserations. I suppose you could get in touch with your Australian mate and sign in on his Apple account, re-download the app, then sign out?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
ARGH! THEY'VE CLOSED THE LOOPHOLE! Commiserations. I suppose you could get in touch with your Australian mate and sign in on his Apple account, re-download the app, then sign out?

That is a consideration, I'd use the VPN, but he's pretty cool, I think he might give me his login details.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here