Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Does this thread need to turn into ANOTHER debate about journalists and their scoops?! It's do dull. It looks like they're never going to win. Some seem to criticize them for going too early with stories, some seem to criticize for going too late. Can someone who wants to talk about this create a separate thread or use one of the Romano/Naylor threads already open please?!

On topic, this looks like a decent signing on paper if it does go through, fingers crossed.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Andy Naylor gets a hard time on here for simply doing his job and respecting the clubs boundaries while protecting his sources. I suspect his contact at the club is Paul Camilin and if he looses him as a source he will be as blind as the rest of us which would make his job very hard. So you have to understand that he will only react when A- it is accurate and b- he has it on authority and can publish.

I have no idea who Naylor's source is but it defo isn't Camlin (unless the club want to get something out, E.G. Cucurella deal not being agreed). Camlin runs a very tight ship on information.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I have no idea who Naylor's source is but it defo isn't Camlin (unless the club want to get something out, E.G. Cucurella deal not being agreed). Camlin runs a very tight ship on information.

Naylor only reports what he hears from the club when they are happy for him to know and therefore report (regarding transfers). So I reckon it will be the head of media.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Maybe we could get a 2 for 1 and sign Boulaye Dia as well.

We wanted him before and Potter wants a Welbeck type player in the squad. Can’t see us spending the money on someone who will expect to come in and play so he might be an option for the squad when Welbeck isn’t available.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Having read a few books about the early days of professional football in England, and the revolutionary impact of Scottish players being brought down to play the passing game, I'm having fantasies about future historians talking about how Brighton's years of glory were based upon moves into the burgeoning Ecuadorian talent pool, some years before their 2030 World Cup triumph. Old Brighton fans will be interviewed for documentaries, and, chewing sagely upon their pipe stems will say 'Of course you have to go back to Billy Arce..' :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does this thread need to turn into ANOTHER debate about journalists and their scoops?! It's do dull. It looks like they're never going to win. Some seem to criticize them for going too early with stories, some seem to criticize for going too late. Can someone who wants to talk about this create a separate thread or use one of the Romano/Naylor threads already open please?!

On topic, this looks like a decent signing on paper if it does go through, fingers crossed.

Yeah, sorry – I took the bait, in the form of a Swedish meatball. Consider the thread back on track – has he SINGED yet?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe we could get a 2 for 1 and sign Boulaye Dia as well.

We wanted him before and Potter wants a Welbeck type player in the squad. Can’t see us spending the money on someone who will expect to come in and play so he might be an option for the squad when Welbeck isn’t available.

Supposedly, Día to Salernitana is just about a done deal. Villareal replacing him with Almería's Umar Sadiq.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Supposedly, Día to Salernitana is just about a done deal. Villareal replacing him with Almería's Umar Sadiq.

Well he is still training with Villareal, said he didn’t fancy the move to Italy and was hoping to return to France. But I expect we have moved on from him anyway.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well he is still training with Villareal, said he didn’t fancy the move to Italy and was hoping to return to France. But I expect we have moved on from him anyway.

The AS article posted above by Jem suggests he's open to the move. No idea how itk the journalist is.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Of course that's not 'my idea of journalism' you patronising Berk! It's not like that's what I spend all of my time doing all day.

Clearly, Andy Naylor researches stories, interviews people and writes features that don't repeat what the club has says. But he ALSO only confirms a signing when it's been completed and announced by the club. Mostly via Twitter, which isn't – as I'm sure most people would appreciate – journalism...

Reporters report the news. It's LITERALLY part of their job.

Don't see / hear 'berk' a lot these days. I like it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought you couldn’t discuss / agree personal terms before a fee agreed ? Or so everyone told me recently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here