Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex Chief Scientific Advisor to Pfizer says second wave science is a scam

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Admittedly, I only read the headline. But doesn't that simply mean that by the time some tests have taken place, they're no longer infectious but in reality have already spread it anyway? It doesn't mean "oh your positive, but can't spread it" more like it's "oh, actually you've got it but you've spread it already" so to speak.

Not doubt, but if they are picking it up after they have been infectious do they know when they were.

It seems quite a big issue if we are basing everything on tests

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I want even referring to what the NZ prime minister said, her minister before that clearly said that he is enforcing forced quarantine in specific locations if you test positive. I called it a camp, you can call it a luxury hotel, it makes little difference. The point is obvious.

Little evidence except the act itself? There is very little to misinterpret in the actual coronovirus act. I deal with contract law all the time at work and what is written clearly entitles what I described to occur.

I call a lie a scam and that’s what the scientist is clearly inferring. If you have a different interpretation of scam my bad. You’re claims that I’m lying seem based on the fact I use different words when presenting third party content that doesn’t exactly match the content itself even though it is presenting the same information.

Happy for you to ignore me. I don’t think I’ve ever actually replied to anything you’ve ever posted on here unless a reply to me directly so won’t be a problem if you hold up you’re side of the bargain.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No second wave, eh?

*Looks at infection rates in Europe*

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
2nd wave here, and measures back in place. The problem with Covid is that its an unknown quantity. This gives conspiracy theorists leeway to promote bullshit about being sheep, being fooled, being controlled etc. This has led to people ignoring sensible advice, and in many cases dying. There is no conspiracy. That sort of talk is frankly ridiculous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Dr is predicting there wont be any rise in deaths. i think we all hope he's right, but he's about 2-4 weeks premature to say there isnt a second wave. its very easy for him to make that statement, he has nothing riding on it. government on the other hand has to deal with the consequences, so will act cautiously.

other point made, and missed by OP, is NHS being run light. thats epidemic response procedure from PHE/NHS and being followed across other health services.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
2nd wave here, and measures back in place. The problem with Covid is that its an unknown quantity. This gives conspiracy theorists leeway to promote bullshit about being sheep, being fooled, being controlled etc. This has led to people ignoring sensible advice, and in many cases dying. There is no conspiracy. That sort of talk is frankly ridiculous.

Why are they promoting the conspiracies about Covid19 when it's all 100% fact we all should live in fear of each other?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Why are they promoting the conspiracies about Covid19 when it's all 100% fact we all should live in fear of each other?

During an obvious pandemic, it is natural to fear. Its a real thing. To promote that fear is being generated for control purposes is ludicrous.
Every country in the world is trying to deal with it the best they can or know how, some dealing with it well, others making a complete mess of it. Thats not conspiracy, thats some countries dealing with it well, some making a complete mess of it..

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, he seems to suggest that there is a concensus amongst his cohorts that the Government have got it wrong. If that were the case then surely thre would be more of his ilk making noises.

With regard to the numbers, he says there may well have been 30/50% of the population who already had some sort of immunity at the start. So, let's err on the side of caution and say 30%. That's about 19.5m people. so, 45.5m haven't got that immunity. We've had 360k confirmed positive tests leaving a potential 45.14m people still in the dark (not withstanding the possibility of false positives). You can't use the number of tests as part of the calculation as we don't know how many different people have been tested!!!

That's a hell of a lot of the population to put at risk on a theory!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No second wave, eh?

*Looks at infection rates in Europe*

We're an ISLAND. Oh, and another third of an island if you count that wee historical rump of the island of Ireland. If there was any kind of political will we could close that COVID shit down overnight. A bit like New Zealand. Ok, fair enough, that's TWO islands, and nobody in their right minds wants to go there anyways, but the PRINCIPLE is the same :moo:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
We're an ISLAND. Oh, and another third of an island if you count that wee historical rump of the island of Ireland. If there was any kind of political will we could close that COVID shit down overnight. A bit like New Zealand. Ok, fair enough, that's TWO islands, and nobody in their right minds wants to go there anyways, but the PRINCIPLE is the same :moo:

This is what ive not been able to understand. In early March here, they closed the borders almost immediately. Tourists were banned, tourists already here sent home. Shops, malls, bars and restaurants closed, Police and army joint patrols, and a strict adherence to masks. The UK advice at the time, despite seeing most of the world doing the same thing said, wash your hands and did not particularly check people arriving in the country, and being an Island, that shouldnt have been particularly difficult.. It seemed a bit odd.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is what ive not been able to understand. In early March here, they closed the borders almost immediately. Tourists were banned, tourists already here sent home. Shops, malls, bars and restaurants closed, Police and army joint patrols, and a strict adherence to masks. The UK advice at the time, despite seeing most of the world doing the same thing said, wash your hands and did not particularly check people arriving in the country. It seemed a bit odd.

Which has been the issue since

Pick one route and stick with it

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
During an obvious pandemic, it is natural to fear. Its a real thing. To promote that fear is being generated for control purposes is ludicrous.
Every country in the world is trying to deal with it the best they can or know how, some dealing with it well, others making a complete mess of it. Thats not conspiracy, thats some countries dealing with it well, some making a complete mess of it..

That doesn't really explain the logic behind why people are promoting made-up conspiracies about Covid19, as you said.

I personally believe fear is a negative thing and shouldn't be used as a way of maintaining order.
A lot of these disagreements about Covid19 does seem to be one big squabble of people preaching to be in fear vs people preaching to not be in fear.

Maybe the fear of this corona virus could be constituting towards the sharp rise in suicides of recent? It does seem the fear preachers are completely ignoring the cause of death they maybe having on society through their absolute certainty of information they don't want questioning of?
Fatboyfat has himself admitted he is living in fear on this thread! Look at how he responds when he's given information about the virus which could suggest to have less fear. It's pure cognitive dissonance.

Maybe, those who see all this fear worshipping as fatal for people already in vulnerable mental health situations, might not be so evil as some are making out?
It could even be a result of fear that people questioning "the truth" are being so badly scapegoated right now? Either way, research fear and you'll see its not very effective and definitely not healthy.

I wear the mask and social distance, out of respect of the fear people are in right now, not because I believe it will save my life.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
That doesn't really explain the logic behind why people are promoting made-up conspiracies about Covid19, as you said.

I personally believe fear is a negative thing and shouldn't be used as a way of maintaining order.
A lot of these disagreements about Covid19 does seem to be one big squabble of people preaching to be in fear vs people preaching to not be in fear.

Maybe the fear of this corona virus could be constituting towards the sharp rise in suicides of recent? It does seem the fear preachers are completely ignoring the cause of death they maybe having on society through their absolute certainty of information they don't want questioning of?
Fatboyfat has himself admitted he is living in fear on this thread! Look at how he responds when he's given information about the virus which could suggest to have less fear. It's pure cognitive dissonance.

Maybe, those who see all this fear worshipping as fatal for people already in vulnerable mental health situations, might not be so evil as some are making out?
It could even be a result of fear that people questioning "the truth" are being so badly scapegoated right now? Either way, research fear and you'll see its not very effective and definitely not healthy.

I wear the mask and social distance, out of respect of the fear people are in right now, not because I believe it will save my life.

You are not wearing a mask for your benrfit but to potentially protect others. Its called social responsibility which clearly you do have but which many others on here have somewhat lost sight of. It must be some conspiracy with virtually all European countries using the same strategy.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You are not wearing a mask for your benrfit but to potentially protect others. Its called social responsibility which clearly you do have but which many others on here have somewhat lost sight of. It must be some conspiracy with virtually all European countries using the same strategy.

Maybe? You can't say that's an absolute fact though. We were being told by 'the experts' it wouldn't make any difference at first.

Maybe this could all be Culture of fear? Or maybe not?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cul...imate,the American sociologist Barry Glassner.

Bu again, if we don't question these things, then I suppose mass fear will be the result and the sharp rise in suicide rates will continue to climb? Isn't that social responsibility too?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The government have introduced some regulations to help protect the population. All your collective whining on NSC isn't going to change that.

Grow up the lot of you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe? You can't say that's an absolute fact though. We were being told by 'the experts' it wouldn't make any difference at first.

Maybe this could all be Culture of fear? Or maybe not?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cul...imate,the American sociologist Barry Glassner.

Bu again, if we don't question these things, then I suppose mass fear will be the result and the sharp rise in suicide rates will continue to climb? Isn't that social responsibility too?

You keep banging on about a culture of fear but aren't you being a bit over dramatic? I wear a mask when required and observe social distancing. I'm a little bit ashmatic and approaching the age group that are vulnerable but I would suggest that, like the majority in my position, I'm not living in fear, just taking reasonable precautions. I don't live in fear when I'm driving but I still put on a safety belt!!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You keep banging on about a culture of fear but aren't you being a bit over dramatic? I wear a mask when required and observe social distancing. I'm a little bit ashmatic and approaching the age group that are vulnerable but I would suggest that, like the majority in my position, I'm not living in fear, just taking reasonable precautions. I don't live in fear when I'm driving but I still put on a safety belt!!

Where have I kept banging on about Culture of fear? Go through every single one of my posts and you'll see I've only ever mentioned it once. Why? I only came across 'Culture of fear' today!

I believe the level of fear in our society has gone out of control with this 19th corona virus we've had, which is very likely to be playing a huge role in the very sharp rise in suicides right now.
It's as if fear is being portrayed as love.

That's good you don't have fear driving and it's good you're not pushing to ban all driving either. Yes there's dangers with it, but fear shouldn't prevent us from life. Seat belts are good but doesn't change the fact there's still tons of road deaths everyday. Life has to go on though as we all agree....

I respect your condition must make this corona virus more worrying but why weren't you this concerned with previous outbreaks? Assuming you live with other people, were you all wearing masks whenever anyone in your household /flat got some sort of disease then? I didn't see you shouting out about the need for masks until Covid19 popped up in all truth? Do you think this 'masks must be worn to prevent the spread of disease' stuff might be an influence of all the fear mongering going on right now more than a view you have always maintained?

I believe the reality of this whole debate actually comes down to faith, not knowledge. None of us have the right to really claim we are right and they are wrong. But using personal insults and mocking one's intelligence, using terms like conspiracy theorist, Tin foil hatters, nut jobs etc is the real danger. The Tin foil hatter mock was being targeted at people trying to raise awareness on the High profile peadophile rings going on let's not forget!

When so many people are committing suicide right now and they very well could be people who've had their lives destroyed over this lockdown, we need to think for everyone, not just people vulnerable to a corona virus.

Questioning the need for so much fear shouldn't be seen as a negative, but by the ones I can see in a state of fear, they clearly don't want any questioning whatsoever. This is where the term Conspiracy theory works unfortunately well for them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here