Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship season 2020/21

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Watford v Boro.

From their best 11 last season, Watford are lacking; Doucoure, Capoue, Deeney, Sarr, Deulofeu, Hughes and Mesina. It shows, but they’re a goal up at HT.

Grant Hall has been given his debut for Boro.

Overall, the quality seems awful.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watford left back two throw ins within 1 minute both worse than a an u9 back foot way off the ground. Both missed by officials ffs

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Think it's between Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford, looks as if Watford will struggle to make playoffs from what i'm seeing here.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Watching Watford v Boro.

From their best 11 last season, Watford are lacking; Doucoure, Capoue, Deeney, Sarr, Deulofeu, Hughes and Mesina. It shows, but they’re a goal up at HT.

Grant Hall has been given his debut for Boro.

Overall, the quality seems awful.

Is Hughes available ?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Think it's between Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford, looks as if Watford will struggle to make playoffs from what i'm seeing here.

The commentator said they had seventeen (17) players missing for tonight's game. Some of them presumably rested before sale, but apparently a LOT of injuries.

It was definitely a second-string team - they only had 6 subs on the bench.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The commentator said they had seventeen (17) players missing for tonight's game. Some of them presumably rested before sale, but apparently a LOT of injuries.

Couple of players out = bad luck

17 players out = doing something wrong

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is Hughes available ?

Not quite ready after a minor op.

707A03C8-0485-4679-90A7-0E576627231E.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Colin W@nker - “how Watford won that he’ll never know ... like. Can’t understand how Watford had MOTM, he had three or four players who were better. Watford played poorly”. Then a faux smile at the end.

Immutable old sod.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

That sort of adds to my reasons why I think they'll struggle. Not well managed from the top at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, I watched that. Entertaining owing to both sides going for it but never were there more than five successful passes completed in a row. It was shambolic. Watford were 20% better than Boro but it could have gone either way. The Brazilian teenager was good value, but aren't they all (I shall resist posting another photo that may get me into deep water).

Thank **** we didn't go down. The loss of the mojo and the most professional of the players means that these lesser men are likely to feel the lack of crowd more than EPL players. Lack of care and attention. Unprofessional. So many lost plays would have had the Watford Massive, were they in attendance, on the players backs and a more sensible game may have emerged, but with no crowd the players were able to ignore their own shortcomings and embarrassment with equanimity, the shameless poltroons. So we ended up with park football. Fun to watch by and large but all the quality of a Cadbury 'Creme' Egg.

Heaven help the league 1 and 2 sides.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, I watched that. Entertaining owing to both sides going for it but never were there more than five successful passes completed in a row. It was shambolic. Watford were 20% better than Boro but it could have gone either way. The Brazilian teenager was good value, but aren't they all (I shall resist posting another photo that may get me into deep water).

Thank **** we didn't go down. The loss of the mojo and the most professional of the players means that these lesser men are likely to feel the lack of crowd more than EPL players. Lack of care and attention. Unprofessional. So many lost plays would have had the Watford Massive, were they in attendance, on the players backs and a more sensible game may have emerged, but with no crowd the players were able to ignore their own shortcomings and embarrassment with equanimity, the shameless poltroons. So we ended up with park football. Fun to watch by and large but all the quality of a Cadbury 'Creme' Egg.

Heaven help the league 1 and 2 sides.

I thought exactly the same watching games involving Fulham pre and post Lockdown (although they were quality in the play off final). Often a pile of crap from both teams, a huge step down from the PL, headless chickens, awful decision making, poor possession, thuggish oafs thriving.

After previously championing a relegation “because we’d have a chance going into every match”, I changed my mind entirely in realising that Championship football sucks.

Burnley v Brighton for example was a proper game of football by comparison.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve barely watched Championship football this season so far, but have on the box Coventry v Bmuff (at Brum’s St Andrews).

Bmuff look good. A first team including Lerma, L.Cook, S.Cook, Begovic, Rico, A.Smith. Brooks on the bench.

No Josh King who’ll depart somewhere for £10m in the few days.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve barely watched Championship football this season so far, but have on the box Coventry v Bmuff (at Brum’s St Andrews).

Bmuff look good. A first team including Lerma, L.Cook, S.Cook, Begovic, Rico, A.Smith. Brooks on the bench.

No Josh King who’ll depart somewhere for £10m in the few days.

How's Ostigaard doing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here