Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football Season Eve

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
There's definitely less to be excited about, with so much uncertainty of when supporters can attend matches again. It also isn't that long ago that last season finished

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Not just you. Usually I'm genuinely excited for the traditional EFL Friday night opener irrespective of who's playing. Last season I think it was Luton at home to 'Boro, and despite not giving two shiny shítes about either side I was enthralled by every second of it. That feeling "yesss, the footie's back" after several months without it (always made worse in a non-tournament year).

This time around it just doesn't feel 'right', it's not the same spectacle without fans and there's still that nagging feeling that this coming season may never be completed (although hopefully that's not the case).

My excitement is about 10% of usual levels. Finger's crossed this is the last football season we aren't able to fully look forward to.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hard to get excited when it's a forgone conclusion that Leeds will have the title wrapped up by Christmas.

...by such a convincing margin they'll be allowed in to the Champions League even though it's half finished, beat everyone left in the tournament and be crowned Champions of Europe (Again).

Then all the other clubs will disband as they cannot compete and football will end forever with Leeds at the top.

Well, something like that anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been thinking about tonight's televised match all day. Can't recall what game it is but by 7.45 I will be all over it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...by such a convincing margin they'll be allowed in to the Champions League even though it's half finished, beat everyone left in the tournament and be crowned Champions of Europe (Again).

Then all the other clubs will disband as they cannot compete and football will end forever with Leeds at the top.

Well, something like that anyway.

All of this, and with MASSIVE Sheffield Wednesday as runners up.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Although I would be berating the fact that our game is on a Monday night, I would normally be extremely looking forward to it. At the moment I am a bit meh.
When football stopped during lockdown, I didn't miss it, but did enjoy it when it restarted. I am expecting the same this weekend.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Agree - until we can all be back in the stadiums I'm not desperately excited or looking forward to the new season as much as I might. The end of last season watching games on TV only in empty stadiums was far less enjoyable but for nine games I could put up with it. Can I do it for potentially a whole season - only time will tell?

Just hoping the clever scientists can come up with some vaccine soon allowing us all to get back to what we all enjoy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Looking forward to it, but not in the same way. Sad. But still better than no football.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bottom line is that the Covid 19 world is ****ing shit. Really brings to the fore the philosophical conundrum "What is life all about?"

At least the Football Supporter's Association will now have a bigger dog in the fight when putting forward fan arguments to the historically intransigent PL20 (hopefully)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
The wife thinks I’ve finishing some urgent MI, in reality it’s been 2 hours on FPL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Didn’t realise it started today, I’m still in cricket mode.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Murray swaps the Albion bench for the Watford bench. Maybe he should have signed for Udinese first and then he would have got a game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here