Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] What to do with a baby seagull?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Found this little fella in our garden in Hove and unsure how to help it. I’ve tried calling local wildlife rescue firms Rogers and Seahaven but haven’t been able to get through to anyone. I’ve built it a nest in a flowerpot which he seemed to like and tried feeding it a crushed snail but he wasn’t partial.

Anyone have any ideas who else to call locally?

Cheers!

815c132f16c3e5cb7fd8547b6ff594aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This happened to me many years ago. I called the RSPB who, after a few hours, found someone for me to take the bird to. Turned out the bird was dehydrated and weak. A day or two of being cared for he/she was fine and set free.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This happened to me many years ago. I called the RSPB who, after a few hours, found someone for me to take the bird to. Turned out the bird was dehydrated and weak. A day or two of being cared for he/she was fine and set free.

I have to say, I'm amazed you didn't eat it on a bed of caramelised red onion chutney and crispy seaweed ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to say, I'm amazed you didn't eat it on a bed of caramelised red onion chutney and crispy seaweed ???

I probably did, I have always had my suspicion about the game they serve in 1901.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9499594 said:
Found this little fella in our garden in Hove and unsure how to help it. I’ve tried calling local wildlife rescue firms Rogers and Seahaven but haven’t been able to get through to anyone. I’ve built it a nest in a flowerpot which he seemed to like and tried feeding it a crushed snail but he wasn’t partial.

Cheers!

You need to eat the crushed snail and then regurgitate it.....either that or if near the seaside a packet of chips

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9499594]Found this little fella in our garden in Hove and unsure how to help it. I’ve tried calling local wildlife rescue firms Rogers and Seahaven but haven’t been able to get through to anyone. I’ve built it a nest in a flowerpot which he seemed to like and tried feeding it a crushed snail but he wasn’t partial.

Cheers!

RSPCA at Braypool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
If you drive, you can take it to Rogers and he'll assist. He rarely answers the phone as he's too busy.

Alternatively, post it on the "Brighton & Hove Gull, Pigeon and wildlife lovers" Facebook group and someone will collect it and take it to Roger.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A bit like getting a Covid test - maybe you just need to stick in a box and drive it 200 miles to another RSPCA or RSPB place?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Is this a seagull as i thought they bred earlier in the year , me thinks its a pigeon. Either way Rogers is possibly best bet, in downs valley road woodingdean. As said previously take it and leave it by the gate as they are always working there.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Train it to collect chips without eating them and hey presto free chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Is this a seagull as i thought they bred earlier in the year , me thinks its a pigeon. Either way Rogers is possibly best bet, in downs valley road woodingdean. As said previously take it and leave it by the gate as they are always working there.

Are you drunk? It's clearly a mouldy conker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here