Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time to start living like free people.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bernard Castle did SO much damage to the government’s credibility and has now resulted in just 18% of people following self isolation rules.

The above I’m afraid I’d dressed up like a fact, show some maturity and admit it, you know full well you wouldn’t let me get away with similar?

Edit, in fact it’s no better than a Daily Mail headline.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The above I’m afraid I’d dressed up like a fact, show some maturity and admit it, you know full well you wouldn’t let me get away with similar?

Edit, in fact it’s no better than a Daily Mail headline.

So why aren’t people following the guidelines, why are only 18% of people following the self isolation rules correctly?

What has made people so ignorant?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So why aren’t people following the guidelines, why are only 18% of people following the self isolation rules correctly?

Because people are selfish and only consider themselves, anyway that takes nothing away from the fact that your post we were discussing.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Because people are selfish and only consider themselves, anyway that takes nothing away from the fact that your post we were discussing.

Maybe I miss-spoke, like Boris, maybe I should have said maybe the reason the figure was so low, was maybe because people took their lead from Dominic Cummings and his Barnard Castle trip - now that can't be seen as a fact - maybe!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe I miss-spoke, like Boris, maybe I should have said maybe the reason the figure was so low, was maybe because people took their lead from Dominic Cummings and his Barnard Castle trip - now that can't be seen as a fact - maybe!

Very good, that’s better[emoji122]

well its clear from the recent spate of football related infections that most footballers arent abiding THE LAW. Cant see this season finishing at this rate. Is it fair to cancel a football fixture if one team cant field a side due to covid infections? Should be automatic 5-0 defeat for the side who cant attend the fixture.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

They're ignorant already. Most people forgot Bernard Castle the next day except those with an agenda. Can't believe you're still banging on about it. A lot of water under the bridge since then.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
They're ignorant already. Most people forgot Bernard Castle the next day except those with an agenda. Can't believe you're still banging on about it. A lot of water under the bridge since then.

I'm not banging on about anything, and I certainly have no agenda, apart from keeping me and my family safe.

The rot set in somewhere, and I think Barnard Castle was a good starting point. I can't be arsed to trawl back through the the press at the time, but I am fairly sure the feeling then was that if DC "got away with it" it would be the start of the rot, of the public not taking notice of the government's instructions.

People's apathy towards the rules these days are either down to the British people being selfish ****wits, or just following the example of their "betters"...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not banging on about anything. The rot set in somewhere, and I think that was a good starting point. If not then, you tell me when?

People's apathy towards the rules these days are either down to the British people being selfish ****wits, or just following the example of their "betters"...

I generally have agreed with you over the last 7 months. You and I were talking about all the old and young folk with a flagrant disregard for Lockdown rules, long before Cummings made the trips. Or all the politicians and celebs who arrogantly took the p. Cumnings wasn’t a game changer, some thicko’s use that as an excuse when collared by TV crews.

From day one a whole bunch of people ignored the new laws. As pandemic fatigue kicked in, their numbers steadily rise and still do. Plus of course we have the David Icke supporters who think this is all a big con .... we’ve challenged them.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I generally have agreed with you over the last 7 months. You and I were talking about all the old and young folk with a flagrant disregard for Lockdown rules, long before Cummings made the trips. Or all the politicians and celebs who arrogantly took the p. Cumnings wasn’t a game changer, some thicko’s use that as an excuse when collared by TV crews.

From day one a whole bunch of people ignored the new laws. As pandemic fatigue kicked in, their numbers steadily rise and still do. Plus of course we have the David Icke supporters who think this is all a big con .... we’ve challenged them.

Agree DC may not have been the focal point I make him out to be, but it was a period of time when people's reserve was wilting, and it was probably a point that tipped many simple minded folk towards the "if he can do it, why can't I" mentality.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree DC may not have been the focal point I make him out to be, but it was a period of time when people's reserve was wilting, and it was probably a point that tipped many simple minded folk towards the "if he can do it, why can't I" mentality.

You and I really were on the NSC case of all the dissenters and people who didn’t give a fck from Day One. I remember an early Downing Street press briefing where the scientists were really pleased with 85% compliance. So even in the heady early days where roads were quiet, shops and barbers closed, 15% gave a **** to the law and the wellbeing of fellow Brits.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm not banging on about anything, and I certainly have no agenda, apart from keeping me and my family safe.

The rot set in somewhere, and I think Barnard Castle was a good starting point. I can't be arsed to trawl back through the the press at the time, but I am fairly sure the feeling then was that if DC "got away with it" it would be the start of the rot, of the public not taking notice of the government's instructions.

Yesterday in Sainsbury's a family of three, very obviously walked noisily around the store without masks, making sure everybody saw them without masks. Ignorant yes, childish yes, but did they look like DC blamers? No. Just serious fails of any no dickheads policy.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yesterday in Sainsbury's a family of three, very obviously walked noisily around the store without masks, making sure everybody saw them without masks. Ignorant yes, childish yes, but did they look like DC blamers? No. Just serious fails of any no dickheads policy.

I don’t think anyone believes that DC is the only reason there are so many people who are non compliant, but I can understand why a lot of people believe that he should have been hung out to dry as an example that EVERYONE has to comply. More people would have taken this whole thing more seriously.
We have the ignorant, we have the don’t care less, we have people who just don’t get it and the conspiracy theorists. Enough people to ensure that we will never get on top of this until the scientists have done the business, by which time most of the old ‘uns have been wiped out and those who remain can either be grateful or feel so very pleased with themselves about getting rid of a couple of generations.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Although I don't believe that there is any real "science" behind Johnson's off the cuff, on the hoof, finger in the air rules and regulations (where are the scientific studies of the "Rule of Six" for example?), I follow all the rules and regulations, all of the time.

What is really pissing me off is the fact that there are others not following them and are not being sanctioned. It's pointless having rules if they aren't being enforced.

I get on a bus and a youngster gets on behind me not wearing a mask. Driver says nothing. Girl gets on the bus wearing a mask, sits down and removes the mask. Driver says nothing.

Numerous train journeys and number of passengers not wearing masks or not wearing them properly. The "onboard supervisor" has not been seen on any of the journeys I have been on; they stay hidden away at the back of the train.

Fellow customers in shops not being challenged for not wearing a mask.

Yes, I know that policing / enforcement has been very difficult because of the long list of "exemptions". Where the penny hasn't dropped with our "thick as shit" PM is that exempting someone from wearing a facemask does NOT exempt them from contracting and spreading the virus.

There should be no more exemptions. For those who claim exemption (whether genuine or not) from face coverings, they should be made to wear a plastic face shield.

Then it becomes easy. Everybody has to wear some form of protection. It is then easy to police. If you are not wearing something, you are not allowed to get on any public transport and you don't get to go in any shops.

If you give people a shopping list of "excuses" for not wearing some kind of protection (anxiety or stress FFS!) then they will use those excuses.

100 people shopping in M&S Food Hall. 99 wearing masks. 1 not wearing a mask but that one selfish ******* could have the virus and potentially spread it to 99 others.

Exemptions are absolutely stupid and need to go now - not only to protect the overwhelming majority who are complying but to aid enforcement.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Although I don't believe that there is any real "science" behind Johnson's off the cuff, on the hoof, finger in the air rules and regulations (where are the scientific studies of the "Rule of Six" for example?), I follow all the rules and regulations, all of the time.

What is really pissing me off is the fact that there are others not following them and are not being sanctioned. It's pointless having rules if they aren't being enforced.

I get on a bus and a youngster gets on behind me not wearing a mask. Driver says nothing. Girl gets on the bus wearing a mask, sits down and removes the mask. Driver says nothing.

Numerous train journeys and number of passengers not wearing masks or not wearing them properly. The "onboard supervisor" has not been seen on any of the journeys I have been on; they stay hidden away at the back of the train.

Fellow customers in shops not being challenged for not wearing a mask.

Yes, I know that policing / enforcement has been very difficult because of the long list of "exemptions". Where the penny hasn't dropped with our "thick as shit" PM is that exempting someone from wearing a facemask does NOT exempt them from contracting and spreading the virus.

There should be no more exemptions. For those who claim exemption (whether genuine or not) from face coverings, they should be made to wear a plastic face shield.

Then it becomes easy. Everybody has to wear some form of protection. It is then easy to police. If you are not wearing something, you are not allowed to get on any public transport and you don't get to go in any shops.

If you give people a shopping list of "excuses" for not wearing some kind of protection (anxiety or stress FFS!) then they will use those excuses.

100 people shopping in M&S Food Hall. 99 wearing masks. 1 not wearing a mask but that one selfish ******* could have the virus and potentially spread it to 99 others.

Exemptions are absolutely stupid and need to go now - not only to protect the overwhelming majority who are complying but to aid enforcement.

I do understand that there are genuine medical reasons why a minority of people can't wear masks. However in my experience there does seem to be a lot of young men who hang around in groups with other young men with a similar condition as they seem to be the ones not wearing masks in small shops (although miraculously not so much in larger shops with security guards).

I don't expect small shops to enforce but having a Policeman randomly appearing at shops might focus a few minds.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I do understand that there are genuine medical reasons why a minority of people can't wear masks. However in my experience there does seem to be a lot of young men who hang around in groups with other young men with a similar condition as they seem to be the ones not wearing masks in small shops (although miraculously not so much in larger shops with security guards).

I don't expect small shops to enforce but having a Policeman randomly appearing at shops might focus a few minds.

It's b0llocks, people trying it on. You don't see folks in Asia Pacific claiming to have breathing difficulties, even though they need to wear masks in 35-40c temperatures and high pollution.

It's a bit like the lockdown and social distancing. Too many people playing the 'mental health' card is all too prevelant, rather than having a bit of mental fortitude to see this through.

The vaccine is around the corner, you've seen it this far for 6 months. Keep at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here