Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time to start living like free people.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
8a5fe545a1313ee7acaa8fff0aca0bda.jpg
If that ever happened to me, I’d never get anything done.
I’d just stay at home playing with them all day :flameboun

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There is no proof whatsoever that wearing a mask saves lives. It's just a government imposed inconvenience.
Hold a mask up in front of your face, it can be a medical mask, a sheet, anything. Now spit or sneeze into it. How much saliva, mucus came out the other side of the sheet? Bugger all would be my guess. All masks will work to some degree.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
There is no proof whatsoever that wearing a mask saves lives. It's just a government imposed inconvenience.

Strict laws here regarding face masks since March, and less than 500 fatalities. UK has wishy washy advice regarding face masks, and over 45,000 fatalities. What evidence do you have they don't help control this thing?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I volunteered for the Russian Vaccine Trial for Covid-19, here in Sussex. It's been kept very quiet for security reasons. I received my first shot and wanted to let you know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, & that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немно

Consider that stolen!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Strict laws here regarding face masks since March, and less than 500 fatalities. UK has wishy washy advice regarding face masks, and over 45,000 fatalities. What evidence do you have they don't help control this thing?

Less than 500 fatalities in Czech Republic?

Wow, you never said..

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Less than 500 fatalities in Czech Republic?

Wow, you never said..

It's a very valid point when somebody says there is no evidence the masks work, don't you think? Seems like actual evidence to me.
Apologies for presenting facts if they upset you.

And btw, previously I've said 350, not 500 so you're incorrect anyway.
What is upsetting you so much anyway?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hold a mask up in front of your face, it can be a medical mask, a sheet, anything. Now spit or sneeze into it. How much saliva, mucus came out the other side of the sheet? Bugger all would be my guess. All masks will work to some degree.

I'm afraid I doubt that logic like that will sink in!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lots and lots of different factors involved. Some countries seem to do better that others due to variabilities in the health care and demographics, oh, and in Russia's case, lying about the level of fatalities. Facemasks logically must help reduce infections but, the percentage effect is difficult to quantify.

As for " Living like Free People "... that's a lovely aspiration to have but the reality is that too many face food poverty, genuine poverty due to low wages and expensive housing costs while working hard to stand still. " Living Like Free People " is easily obtainable for Steve Baker who has his MP's and ex-minister's salary and Pension to provide for him plus several nice low attendance directorships to tide him over. I don't expect Steve Baker to end up working a 12 hour day in a poultry farm or delivering multidrop parcels anytime soon.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am no fan of this Government as most will know.

However, during this Pandemic living like ''Free People'' as you refer to it could potentially kill other people if they are potentially vulnerable Health Wise - So I sort of agree that we need to get back to some sort of normal and accept some sort of risk. I don't agree with people being ''Reckless with their Actions'' which could endanger the Health of some others in Society.

It is the Government's responsibility to keep everyone safe to the best of their ability - They have done a shit job to date but to go on doing a shit job would be unacceptable. So for now I am happy to accept some restrictions in my life if it could potentially help save the lives of others.

This.

Allowing half the population to be free spirited and do as they please, will cause an awful lot of folk to catch CV19 in the coming seasons where hospitals are always hard pressed anyway. Excess deaths, from whatever cause, would a heavy price to pay.

Steve Baker is a right wing politician who like his American buddies is simply against any restrictions. A premise of “liberty” over people dying unnecessarily. A short attention span, he hasn’t the ability or the desire to ride out this unprecedented storm.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This seems as good a place as any for this.

Jedward (yes that jedward) talking sense to Ian Brown (yes that Ian Brown).

[tweet]1305479194986590209[/tweet]

(Although to be fair, despite being involved with some amazing music IB has always come across as a ****)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tory former minister Steve Baker told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It's time to move to a voluntary system - unless the government can demonstrate otherwise.

"And it is time for us to actually start living like a free people, not subjecting ourselves to constantly shifting legal requirements, which I think now no-one can fully understand."

He added: "It seems to me the effect of having Covid marshals will be to turn every public space in Britain into the equivalent of going through airport security where we are badgered and directed... I'm not willing to live like this."

Some sense at last from an MP. The government has got to stop treating us like children. Those concerned about catching the virus go lock yourselves away. The rest of us have lives to live.
Steve Baker is a neo liberal extremist who has been biting at the heels of the Government since lock down (sorry restraints on "personal freedom") took place.

The Tory Party isn't his natural home, he'd be spiritually happier emigrating and working for Trump.

Baker and (the other Chuckle Brother Mark Francois) are the hatstand wibble wibble walk the other way Corbyn and McDonnell of the Tory party.

He's the sort of politician who thinks Dominic Raab is a bit too centre ground.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I totally agree with Steve Baker and the OP.

This is the first time I can remember in peacetime where I genuinely feel I am being controlled by the Government and the media. We are being given highly selective information designed to control the way we live our lives.

The vitriolic reactions I’ve seen to the view presented on this thread shows how this Government, ably assisted by the media, has created such a level of fear that anyone disagreeing still feels highly marginalised in society. Bear in mind, this government thought it was ok to allow Dominic Cummings to tell a bunch of bare faced lies and then let him tell us all what to do.

I read the Times this morning and nowhere could I find the number of deaths from Covid yesterday. Why? There was plenty of stuff about infections going up and the much vaunted R number but nowhere were we told how many people had actually died.

I feel genuinely uncomfortable in what I thought was a free country. One think I do know is that I will never ever vote for this Government again. They are the most devious and manipulative bunch of people I have ever seen in my lifetime of over 50 years.

And before anybody chucks any more data at me, please don’t - because there is plenty of data out there to counter everything you say. We are just not being told what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

This is the first time I can remember in peacetime where I genuinely feel I am being controlled by the Government and the media. We are being given highly selective information designed to control the way we live our lives.

The vitriolic reactions I’ve seen to the view presented on this thread shows how this Government, ably assisted by the media, has created such a level of fear that anyone disagreeing still feels highly marginalised in society. Bear in mind, this government thought it was ok to allow Dominic Cummings to tell a bunch of bare faced lies and then let him tell us all what to do.

I read the Times this morning and nowhere could I find the number of deaths from Covid yesterday. Why? There was plenty of stuff about infections going up and the much vaunted R number but nowhere were we told how many people had actually died.

I feel genuinely uncomfortable in what I thought was a free country. One think I do know is that I will never ever vote for this Government again. They are the most devious and manipulative bunch of people I have ever seen in my lifetime of over 50 years.

And before anybody chucks any more data at me, please don’t - because there is plenty of data out there to counter everything you say. We are just not being told what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said and spot on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

to what end? sure there is a lot of control, either this is in response to a public health issue, or... feel free to offer an alternative motivation.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
to what end? sure there is a lot of control, either this is in response to a public health issue, or... feel free to offer an alternative motivation.

Public health issue on which we are entirely reliant on the government to tell us what is going on. My point is that what we are being told is highly selective and the guidelines are all over the shop.

I said this on another thread. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but the reaction to this pandemic seems to be disproportionate to anything which has gone before. 27 people died yesterday apparently as opposed to the 1,000s during lockdown - yes it might get worse, but it might not. We are only getting one side.

I am sick of seeing the word 'warns" in headlines, its utterly lazy journalism. I could "warn" that crossing the road is dangerous

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here