Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time to start living like free people.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tory former minister Steve Baker told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It's time to move to a voluntary system - unless the government can demonstrate otherwise.

"And it is time for us to actually start living like a free people, not subjecting ourselves to constantly shifting legal requirements, which I think now no-one can fully understand."

He added: "It seems to me the effect of having Covid marshals will be to turn every public space in Britain into the equivalent of going through airport security where we are badgered and directed... I'm not willing to live like this."

Some sense at last from an MP. The government has got to stop treating us like children. Those concerned about catching the virus go lock yourselves away. The rest of us have lives to live.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory former minister Steve Baker told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It's time to move to a voluntary system - unless the government can demonstrate otherwise.

"And it is time for us to actually start living like a free people, not subjecting ourselves to constantly shifting legal requirements, which I think now no-one can fully understand."

He added: "It seems to me the effect of having Covid marshals will be to turn every public space in Britain into the equivalent of going through airport security where we are badgered and directed... I'm not willing to live like this."

Some sense at last from an MP. The government has got to stop treating us like children. Those concerned about catching the virus go lock yourselves away. The rest of us have lives to live.

Wow and you had to start another thread because?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I am no fan of this Government as most will know.

However, during this Pandemic living like ''Free People'' as you refer to it could potentially kill other people if they are potentially vulnerable Health Wise - So I sort of agree that we need to get back to some sort of normal and accept some sort of risk. I don't agree with people being ''Reckless with their Actions'' which could endanger the Health of some others in Society.

It is the Government's responsibility to keep everyone safe to the best of their ability - They have done a shit job to date but to go on doing a shit job would be unacceptable. So for now I am happy to accept some restrictions in my life if it could potentially help save the lives of others.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There aren’t, it’s called etiquette!

If there are no rules, then I'm not sure what your problem is? Etiquette is "the customary code of polite behavior in society". Not sure what is "impolite" about starting a thread about a statement made by an MP? However yo clearly know all about these things so I will bow down to your greater knowledge.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If there are no rules, then I'm not sure what your problem is? Etiquette is "the customary code of polite behavior in society". Not sure what is "impolite" about starting a thread about a statement made by an MP? However yo clearly know all about these things so I will bow down to your greater knowledge.

Good [emoji106]

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

The problem is that government don't appear to understand that some people can't do voluntary, as they have to go to work to earn money.

If the vulnerable are going to be shielded and looked after financially then fair do, but they are not, so will suffer at the hands of the ignorant.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Look, all I'm saying is that it's wrong for Costa to have rules against their baristas shitting in people's coffees, we should move to a voluntary system."

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The problem is that government don't appear to understand that some people can't do voluntary, as they have to go to work to earn money.

If the vulnerable are going to be shielded and looked after financially then fair do, but they are not, so will suffer at the hands of the ignorant.

Yep, but we have spent all the money on a mass lock down.

absolute mess

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't feel like I am locked up. I'm currently on a weekend holiday in UK. In a pub, no mask drinking beer. Prior to the pub, I went in a shop and wore a mask . To get to the town, I got a bus and wore a mask. A slight inconvenience but I'm far from being locked down.
Get over it and save lives.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't feel like I am locked up. I'm currently on a weekend holiday in UK. In a pub, no mask drinking beer. Prior to the pub, I went in a shop and wore a mask . To get to the town, I got a bus and wore a mask. A slight inconvenience but I'm far from being locked down.
Get over it and save lives.

There is no proof whatsoever that wearing a mask saves lives. It's just a government imposed inconvenience.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is no proof whatsoever that wearing a mask saves lives. It's just a government imposed inconvenience.

Instead of posting garbage just because you don't like wearing a mask, do some research!!!

Post your evidence that wearing a masks doesn't lower the transmission.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Utter garbage and an indication that he has no clue about human nature.

Can I suggest that the road outside his house has a voluntary speed limit, or maybe the road outside his kids school has a voluntary speed limit. See how quickly he decides you can't trust everyone. Maybe is should be voluntary to carry a knife, purely for self defence, obviously!

Fed up with people who can't put up with a little inconvenience spouting off that the wearing of a mask is the end of civilised society!!!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I volunteered for the Russian Vaccine Trial for Covid-19, here in Sussex. It's been kept very quiet for security reasons. I received my first shot and wanted to let you know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, & that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немно

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I volunteered for the Russian Vaccine Trial for Covid-19, here in Sussex. It's been kept very quiet for security reasons. I received my first shot and wanted to let you know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, & that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немно

8a5fe545a1313ee7acaa8fff0aca0bda.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here