Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Trying to connect a 1 inch hose

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
to a standard 3/4 inch outside tap. I though I would google 3/4 inch female thread to a 1inch barb, and bingo. Not the case, though.

Can NSC succeed where Google has failed?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
what kind of hose fitting on the tap?

I draw pipework most days. . . . bladt3 (2).jpg

Some other clubs supporters are oft keen to remind us we're 'brown pipe engineers' :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You’ve only a one inch hose?

Herr Tubthumper lowers and looks knowingly over his glasses and thinks “No doubt you’re asking for a friend?”

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
to a standard 3/4 inch outside tap. I though I would google 3/4 inch female thread to a 1inch barb, and bingo. Not the case, though.

Can NSC succeed where Google has failed?

What is the fitting you have on the hose? If you have a threaded tap buy a 3/4 to 1 inch Bush for around £1 and then presumably you can buy a fitting to fit the hose to the 1 inch threaded part of the Bush.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bush-1-x...VhvhRCh3N8wqREAQYASABEgIoTvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
FFS ! what does that lot do ?

1) why does the tank pipe come out 1/3 of the way up ? - not at the bottom ?
2) 2 pumps ? - back-up ? twin fill / empty ?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's a mighty impressive drawing.

Its a painting, here's a similar 'drawing'

pipes.jpg

BoT most garden hose taps have a 3/4" BSP parralel thread . . . . so you need a seal on the female threaded connector, which you should be able to get from any plumbing centre. most taps have a 1/2" pipe so you will end up with significantly lower pressure through a 1" hose ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Its a painting, here's a similar 'drawing'

View attachment 128210

BoT most garden hose taps have a 3/4" BSP parralel thread . . . . so you need a seal on the female threaded connector, which you should be able to get from any plumbing centre. most taps have a 1/2" pipe so you will end up with significantly lower pressure through a 1" hose ?

No pressure is constant, flow will be greater, velocity will be lower.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FFS ! what does that lot do ?

1) why does the tank pipe come out 1/3 of the way up ? - not at the bottom ?
2) 2 pumps ? - back-up ? twin fill / empty ?

Its a twin stream metered pumping system, feeds 3 injector systems for fuel additive. In this case a 'go' marker, green dye basically, most fuels are coloured for identification/taxation. red diesel is another example. same system Also used for stadis, an anti static additive for jet fuel, static and fuel don't make a good mix . . . . remember that massive fuel explosion at Chevrom Pembroke back in 2011 ? caused by a total lack of H&S and poor working practice, static, spark BANG, blew the lid off a fuel storagfe tank ( Like the ones in Shoreham harbour) 55m in the air! killed 4 people.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
One of these screwed to your tap;
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/c...aded-coupling-19mm-3-4-female/category/15824/
One of these at the end of your hose, secured with a jubilee clip.
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/c...d/16523/s/geka-hose-tail-25mm/category/15824/

The beauty of Geka couplings is that you can fit any size hose to any size hose as the bits you twist together are all the same size.

Many thanks for that, just the job. NSC strikes again.

I was getting some interesting results when searching for reduced female bush, so glad that's done now....:moo:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
One of these screwed to your tap;
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/c...aded-coupling-19mm-3-4-female/category/15824/
One of these at the end of your hose, secured with a jubilee clip.
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/c...d/16523/s/geka-hose-tail-25mm/category/15824/

The beauty of Geka couplings is that you can fit any size hose to any size hose as the bits you twist together are all the same size.

It’ needs a female threaded nut connection to the tap With the male section below (All one piece) If that makes sense
Jubilee clip will then clamp the hose onto the hose union fitting
Look for a hose union bib tap

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Many thanks for that, just the job. NSC strikes again.

I was getting some interesting results when searching for reduced female bush, so glad that's done now....:moo:

Great. Please post on this thread to let us know if it's successful. It should be.
I'm now going to Google "Reduced female bush". You've got me interested!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here