Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course. Would also need to raise money to keep it all floating for a while. The "normal" turnover for a non-rich club going 0 profit and 0 deficit the National League is around £1.8m (obviously varies but based on a few clubs I looked up). Finding the money is obviously difficult but it just cant be impossible if you take another route than most of the clubs all looking into the same money bag.
    In the example you gave, approaching £600k of the total raised was from “100 000 random football fans who thinks its cool and groovy and hip” and I think that you might be right, that sort of money could be raised. But be realistic, they aren’t going to continue to fund the club, they’ll be on FB telling the world they have donated to the next fashionable cause.

With the vast majority of your initial founders uninterested in any further investment you’ve still got to find £35k every week from day one.

With nobody attending games.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Sensible madman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Putdown View Post
      In the example you gave, approaching £600k of the total raised was from “100 000 random football fans who thinks its cool and groovy and hip” and I think that you might be right, that sort of money could be raised. But be realistic, they aren’t going to continue to fund the club, they’ll be on FB telling the world they have donated to the next fashionable cause.

With the vast majority of your initial founders uninterested in any further investment you’ve still got to find £35k every week from day one.

With nobody attending games.
      In the initial crowdfunding stage you can also add that any additional money recieved will be used to keep the club fleeting. Obviously there is a limit to how much it would be possible to raise - but if you can raise enough to buy the club then realistically (perhaps with air quotes) you could also get the money to run the club for a month or two.

But not only have you raised money - you have also attracted followers. Lets say that 50 000 or so dont lose interest immediatly, and that a further 50 000 or so that didnt donate would be interested in follow how the club develops from this point, you have a very nice "fan base" to start with.

The key would be to keep as many of these as possible interested. Today "Silkmen TV" got 1300 followers on Youtube. Now lets start a daily video diary on how to run a football club: a unique and transparent insight to what is going on. Plenty of nerds would tune in, people have showed that they are obsessed with this kind of shit. I promise there would be 50k followers within a week - nice PR, nice advertising money.

0 Not allowed!
      Forget crowdfunding. Just get the ******** out the run the game at the lower level to start with.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
      Your not called Mr Putdown for nothing are you
      What an arselicker
      Take me back to dear old Amex, put me on the train to Falmer town.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by papajaff View Post
      What an arselicker
      How is that arse licking ?
      I simply found it funny.
      Is that not allowed on NSC anymore ?
      Last edited by Psychobilly freakout; 11-09-2020 at 05:12.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      In the initial crowdfunding stage you can also add that any additional money recieved will be used to keep the club fleeting. Obviously there is a limit to how much it would be possible to raise - but if you can raise enough to buy the club then realistically (perhaps with air quotes) you could also get the money to run the club for a month or two.

But not only have you raised money - you have also attracted followers. Lets say that 50 000 or so dont lose interest immediatly, and that a further 50 000 or so that didnt donate would be interested in follow how the club develops from this point, you have a very nice "fan base" to start with.

The key would be to keep as many of these as possible interested. Today "Silkmen TV" got 1300 followers on Youtube. Now lets start a daily video diary on how to run a football club: a unique and transparent insight to what is going on. Plenty of nerds would tune in, people have showed that they are obsessed with this kind of shit. I promise there would be 50k followers within a week - nice PR, nice advertising money.
      Ooh, I think you've got something there. Maybe persuade one of the big TV companies to do a "Sunderland til I die" type fly on the wall documentary to generate income. "Macclesfield - From the Brink". It would be sure to fascinate the football nerds.

Are you the man for the job? This could be the making of you.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by papajaff View Post
      What an arselicker
      Odd comment.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Macclesfield Town Football Club has been wound up in the High Court over debts totalling more than £500,000.

Southend also in court today.

Could lose a few clubs this season if fans aren't back soon.
      He's Magic.... You Know RM-Taylor's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      23 teams in the Conference or will they restructure the leagues down there with still over a month until the season starts
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      Macclesfield Town Football Club has been wound up in the High Court over debts totalling more than £500,000.

Southend also in court today.

Could lose a few clubs this season if fans aren't back soon.
      Incredibly sad. I'll never forget the sick to the stomach feeling I had when I seriously thought I'd lose my club. Now another set of fans have.

You're right that more dominos will fall in the coming weeks and months. Many of the lower league clubs were debt ridden and barely viable before the Covid crisis. Personally I think we could lose around half of the football league
      So there was this heated altercation between my father and I about which of the m23 derby clubs I should be supporting. Glad my mum didn't hear what I said to him.