Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's that time again.. Your starting XI vs Chelski

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
Under the assumption we won't be signing anyone else before Monday evening.

My XI would be;

(5-3-2) Ryan, Lamptey, White, Webster, Dunk, March, Bissouma, Alzate, Lallana, Maupay, Trossard

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

My XI would be;

(5-3-2) Ryan, Lamptey, White, Webster, Dunk, March, Bissouma, Alzate, Lallana, Maupay, Trossard

Against Chelsea, Veltman with his experience starts before Lamptey imho.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it's not.

I first need to know who is Chelsea's most famous supporter, so I can then plan my Albion XI accordingly.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

My XI would be;

Boom! Literally first team I saw and that’s what I would pick too!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No it's not.

I first need to know who is Chelsea's most famous supporter, so I can then plan my Albion XI accordingly.

p01h0tns.jpg

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

My XI would be;

Boom! Literally first team I saw and that’s what I would pick too!

It's what Naylor said for The Athletic too

ANsXI.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My starting XI (4-3-3): Ryan - Burn, Dunk, Webster, Veltman - Bissouma, Lallana, Alzate - Trossard, Maupay, Lamptey

Not very likely though

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
3-4-2-1 (5-2-2-1) - Ryan, Veltman, White, Dunk, Webster, March, Bissouma, Propper, Trossard, Gross, Maupay - Think we'll go with a more experienced and defensive side to be honest. Lamptey, Connolly, Lallana off the bench.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Veltman starts.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Veltman starts.

Agree, Lamptey is a talent and great going forward. He was badly exposed defensively a couple of times against better oppo last season.

Has the much more experienced, and more solid defensively, Veltman written all over it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Agree, Lamptey is a talent and great going forward. He was badly exposed defensively a couple of times against better oppo last season.

Has the much more experienced, and more solid defensively, Veltman written all over it.

Not sure what position he will play though tbh!

But he does look class.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ryan
Lamptey
Webster
White
Dunk
Burn
Alzate
LaLa
Stephens
Bissouma
Maupay

Subs Sanchez , Bernardo , Gross , Connolly , Veltman , Trossard , Propper .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

My XI would be;

You're good at this. Maybe Veltman for Lamptey, and I'd play a 5-3-1-1, with Trossard off Maupay or even a 5-2-2-1, with Lallana and Trossard ahead of Alzate and Bissouma. That said, I expect Potter -- guided by the analysis of the opposition by Bjorn Hamberg -- to have precise formations well under control.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Ryan
Lamptey/White/Dunk/Webster/March
Bissouma/Alzate
Connolly/Maupay/Trossard

Subs: Veltman/Lallana/Propper/Gross/Burn/Bernardo/Sanchez
Go for it!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's what Naylor said for The Athletic too

View attachment 128180

I like this a lot.

Could do with a proper striker instead of Trossard, and an upgrade to March. They might come, but unlikely we will see them before Chelsea though.

But either way, this is a selection that can get results. Bravo.

I think this may very well be pretty much it, but with a sneaking suspicion that Veltman will be in for White. It would be bold to have White who has never played at the top level and the still pretty green Lamptey covering the right hand side together. It could be Veltman for Lamptey of course, but from what I've read he's better suited to CB than RB/RWB. Lamptey has the pace, offers a lot going forward and also has a point to prove, so I'd say Ben White is more likely to make way.

Chelsea's defence is their weakness, so I think we'll need to go at them rather than try to contain.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Could be worth keeping White on the bench for Veltman until the transfer window shuts to prevent interest from the big teams who probably don’t want to take a risk while he’s unproven at this level. If he plays well against Chelsea and United, someone might take a punt on deadline day.

Mind you he wouldn’t be happy with that and Leeds fans would be up in arms. But who cares about them

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Whilst I agree with most of above (Veltman/Lamptey and burn/march being only real debates to have), this is Graham Potter so there will be some form of twist in the selection

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Could be worth keeping White on the bench for Veltman until the transfer window shuts to prevent interest from the big teams who probably don’t want to take a risk while he’s unproven at this level. If he plays well against Chelsea and United, someone might take a punt on deadline day.

Mind you he wouldn’t be happy with that and Leeds fans would be up in arms. But who cares about them

I’d personally question the logic of not playing him just in case he has a good game!

In the unlikely event that a few good performances drew bids from one of the big clubs, do you think we’d just roll over and sell him? As much as I’d like us to keep the lad, we’d cope without him and if an offer big enough to tempt Tony to sanction the sale came in, we’d then have a huge sum to invest in a striker (sadly in Jan unless there was still time). £50-60m should get us someone very decent...

(The above won’t happen anyway)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here