Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] RIP Dame Diana Rigg

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

"She died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time," her agent said.

Dame Diana is also known for playing Tracy, the only woman who became Mrs James Bond, in 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

She also appeared in ITV's Victoria.

She played the Duchess of Buccleuch in the royal drama, and can currently be seen playing Mrs Pumphrey in Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So sad.
What a beautiful lady. I fell in love with her when she was Mrs. Peel in the Avengers and always watched the repeats when they were on up until quite recently.
RIP Diana.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

"She died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time," her agent said.

Dame Diana is also known for playing Tracy, the only woman who became Mrs James Bond, in 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

She played the Duchess of Buccleuch in the royal drama, and can currently be seen playing Mrs Pumphrey in Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

Emma Peel - wow!
Not to mention the Detectorists. Great actress who went missing for a while but had a great resurgence in older age. RIP

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
RIP Dame Diana, a very good actress and absolutely gorgeous in her younger days.

diana rigg.jpg

diana 2.jpg

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A terrific actress. I love Mrs Peel and Mrs James Bond. She was also wonderful in one of my favourite films: Evil Under the Sun.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s sad. Know her daughter better, not least because of the fabulous Detectorists which they shared. But Dame Di was more famous before and after my time in a way in terms of the series she was in. Just aware she was enormously famous and well regarded.

Completely ot but I can't make out if your avatar is a Class 50 or not or where it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A great innings and I add to the tributes.

I remember her interview on Parky in the early 70s. She was very confident and yet self-effacing - a winning combination. She recounted with some glee a story about an Evening Standard write up of one of her theatre performances that required her to get her kit off. She delightedly repeated the (negative) reviewer's coup de grace: "Miss Rigg had all the appeal of a brick mausoleum with insufficient flying buttresses". I've never forgotten that.

She also had a filthy laugh which, I'm pleased to report, has been inherited by her daughter.

Her part as Theresa in the best of all the Bond films was magical.

RIP

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A fine actress with a long and distinguished stage career.

She was an excellent classical actress: I was lucky enough to see her on stage several times, she was a particularly good Mother Courage at the National.

For those who want to see her at her peak, she's in a Midsummer Night's Dream that's available on YouTube and Prime. It has a dream cast of Judi Dench, Helen Mirren, David Warner, the Ians Richardson and Holm as well as Rigg herself.

There can't be many blokes over 60 who didn't have a massive crush on her

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here