Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taking a year out

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Does anyone know what the Albion are doing about season ticket holders who want to take a year out as they feel it's not right to go back (and I am really asking for a mate) this season, but want to keep membership for next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
My father made some enquiries about this, he is shielding, the response from the club was not sympathetic. Mainly that he had missed the date to cancel (he didn't want to cancel, just suspend for a year), and that he could put his ticket into first 6 ballots.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Current stance is no opt-out/deferrals/etc.

However given yesterdays announcement I can't see us being back in stadiums until well into 2021 so I'd not worry much at the moment...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought this was going to be a thread about the OP thinking of travelling the World for a year! I opened it to say “No, don’t do it, it’s a shit idea at the moment” :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If you want to secure your seat for 21/22 season, would imagine you'll have to pay this season to "hold" your seat and look for compo if crowds are not permitted

I suppose you could try throwing a towel over it like the Germans do with sunbeds ...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The way the club is run, I would venture that nobody will lose out financially.

The minor inconvenience of coughing up for it to be refunded at some stage makes no odds. If, IF crowds go back then I suspect flogging your seat to a carefree, immune youngster will prove no issue, even in the chance you get plucked out of the hat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The minor inconvenience of coughing up for it to be refunded at some stage makes no odds. IFcrowds go back then I suspect flogging your seat to a carefree, immune youngster will prove no issue, even in the chance you get plucked out of the hat.

Have you SEEN the price of a single ticket? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have you SEEN the price of a single ticket? ???

I may have got this wrong, but is it not the case that:

- Only STH are in the ballot.
- Those that lose, don't go. Those that win and want to attend, do go.
- Those that win but DON'T want to attend, can put their ticket up for resale TO OTHER STH's at the pro-rata cost?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought this was going to be a thread about the OP thinking of travelling the World for a year! I opened it to say “No, don’t do it, it’s a shit idea at the moment” :lolol:

Same. Although I thought, can I come too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I may have got this wrong, but is it not the case that:

- Only STH are in the ballot.
- Those that lose, don't go. Those that win and want to attend, do go.
- Those that win but DON'T want to attend, can put their ticket up for resale TO OTHER STH's at the pro-rata cost?

Not sure about this bit. Might be wrong but assumed the resale would be available to anybody registered with the club, same as pre-lockdown. Anybody got chapter and verse on this one?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

The minor inconvenience of coughing up for it to be refunded at some stage makes no odds. If, IF crowds go back then I suspect flogging your seat to a carefree, immune youngster will prove no issue, even in the chance you get plucked out of the hat.

Well yes, unless of course you’re worried about your current/future financial situation In which case it becomes a massive problem.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure about this bit. Might be wrong but assumed the resale would be available to anybody registered with the club, same as pre-lockdown. Anybody got chapter and verse on this one?

From the meeting notes on the club website

With demand for tickets expected to be high, and to climb higher still as confidence grows and our country returns to a more familiar look and feel, we expect brisk business via the ticket exchange which would operate on a first-come, first-served basis, with season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members given an initial priority, but closer to matches, and subject to availability, tickets will be made available to MyAlbion+ members

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here