Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Had his contract terminated by Cardiff, effective immediately. Very bizarre, I remember him scoring a worldy against us in their last game at the AMEX, always thought he was decent. Even remember one or two on here saying he may have been worth a look after they were relegated

No reason given, but it must be something fairly serious, clubs don't just terminate contracts lightly ???

[tweet]1303679651382988803[/tweet]

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Just seen that wonder what it's all about.. Good player on his day especially at that level hard to think they'd just bin him off unless he done something unforgivable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably sneaked a local lady into the lockdown hotel.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought it was a thread for silly footballers names like

Kutango Bollockoid-Stravinsky or Dongo Catnipski-ferretfancier

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Couple of rumours on social media - the strangest being that he was part of some underground fight club and there had been a few instances of trouble with the police because of it

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Couple of rumours on social media - the strangest being that he was part of some underground fight club and there had been a few instances of trouble with the police because of it

Mendez-Laing wasn't entirely responsible for his role in this. Turned out the bloke who completly influenced him into the fight game was actually himself!

Must've been difficult for Cardiff FC to make logic of that explanation?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think the social media talk is more of a reference to the widely spread and memed rumour about Gary Madine being involved in this kind of "fight club".

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Got to be someone on here acquainted with the dark web who can shed some light on why. It will all come out eventually but the suspense is killing me.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
i saw on twitter, yes I know, that from Wales online local rag that he had been in a car crash and two un named men were injured and NML was over the drink limit. now I cannot find it

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Christ, the rumours on twitter offer every accusation under the sun. Bet it's nowhere near as interesting/awful.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Please don't post speculation about the reasons why Cardiff have sacked Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. Let's all respect the situation this puts this forum, and ultimately, Bozza in.

This is a private matter between the club, the player, the South Wales branch of the Territorial Army and Sandi Toksvig.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Please don't post speculation about the reasons why Cardiff have sacked Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. Let's all respect the situation this puts this forum, and ultimately, Bozza in.

This is a private matter between the club, the player, the South Wales branch of the Territorial Army and Sandi Toksvig.

Baaaaa.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve heard he’s broken the law ‘in a very specific and limited way’

Everybody is doing it , it’s Government orders.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
See he’s joining Mike Dean’s Boro - got me thinking, we never did find out what happened here... quick google suggests it’s still a mystery!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here