Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sadly, these figures, and all the others are absolute bollocks, all the while there are **** all tests available for those that need them.

It would seem from personal experience, that the government is now going down the Trump route of restricting testing to keep the confirmed cases down.

Don’t think they are, the bigger challenge is laboratory capacity. You simply can’t look at either in isolation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sadly, these figures, and all the others are absolute bollocks, all the while there are **** all tests available for those that need them.

It would seem from personal experience, that the government is now going down the Trump route of restricting testing to keep the confirmed cases down.

Why was the government pushing for everyone to get tested even if you have no symptoms - reckless.

Also the tests being taken the way they are means we now are getting chains of false positives/non infectious cases.

What a mess

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Also the tests being taken the way they are means we now are getting chains of false positives/non infectious cases.

??? whats wrong with how they are done and what alternative? careful not to be drawn in to media frenzy and batland woo, there are false positive as a outcome of probabilities.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Heard this morning of a local (with symptoms) who was offered a test in Cardiff - 200 miles away. Can't imagine he would drive there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good news for Worthing! The latest figures published by PHE for Worthing w/e 11/9/20 show:

19 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 5 Sep-11 Sep.

So the trend appears to be downwards again - 19 per 100K compared to 37 per 100K the previous week.

Yes, I saw that the numbers for Worthing were down this week, long may it continue, however, during the main surge of the virus there were times when cases briefly went down before bouncing back up. I'd like to see 2-3 consecutive weeks of reductions before I start relaxing... plus, this needs to be a national AND international trend.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Heard this morning of a local (with symptoms) who was offered a test in Cardiff - 200 miles away. Can't imagine he would drive there.

About the only family member or friend who has been told to take a test recently is my daughter. Last Monday she had to travel from Rustington to Croydon and back to get one, The next day or so Hancock was trumpeting that the " median " distance travelled for a test was 10 miles ! Subsequently, I think she was extremely lucky to get that. However, I am mindful of Johnson's and Hancock's opinion that I should applaud the government for its efforts in such difficult times, a 110 mile round trip for a free test is a bargain.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
??? whats wrong with how they are done and what alternative? careful not to be drawn in to media frenzy and batland woo, there are false positive as a outcome of probabilities.

It’s not just false positives it’s picking up dead virus and people that have a low level.

I don’t think it’s a media frenzy, this is a serious issue

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s not just false positives it’s picking up dead virus and people that have a low level.

I don’t think it’s a media frenzy, this is a serious issue

those are legitimate counts. you cant distingish from a test how severe someone will react to a virus, or how contagious they will be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1306251091923795968[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meanwhile...

[TWEET]1303585409176424448[/TWEET]

Oh look...

LINK

A trip to Doncaster races has been blamed for a cluster of coronavirus cases in the Rhondda Valley, south Wales, as restrictions were tightened severely.

The Welsh government said one of the clusters in the area was associated “with a club outing to the Doncaster races, which stopped off at a series of pubs on the way”.

More than 2,500 spectators were allowed into the first day of the meeting last week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
About the only family member or friend who has been told to take a test recently is my daughter. Last Monday she had to travel from Rustington to Croydon and back to get one, The next day or so Hancock was trumpeting that the " median " distance travelled for a test was 10 miles ! Subsequently, I think she was extremely lucky to get that. However, I am mindful of Johnson's and Hancock's opinion that I should applaud the government for its efforts in such difficult times, a 110 mile round trip for a free test is a bargain.

My 83 year-old mother-in-law, developed a cough and high temperature last week, and rather than go about her business, and worried for her classified-vulnerable husband, thought she should do the socially responsible thing and take a test.

On her behalf we tried (literally) 30 times, via the phone line and the web page, to book her a drive in, or postal test. 29 tries came up with 'no tests available', and one effort offered a slot at Aberdeen Airport (just the 550 miles from home).

Because she was able to afford it, and because she is public-spirited enough to do so, she ended up paying £130 for a private test (thankfully negative). But how many people, showing potential symptoms, would be prepared, or able, to do so, for the greater public good?

The situation is a national disgrace. Just the latest complete failure of government. I find it unfathomable how anybody can still be defending them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My 83 year-old mother-in-law, developed a cough and high temperature last week, and rather than go about her business, and worried for her classified-vulnerable husband, thought she should do the socially responsible thing and take a test.

On her behalf we tried (literally) 30 times, via the phone line and the web page, to book her a drive in, or postal test. 29 tries came up with 'no tests available', and one effort offered a slot at Aberdeen Airport (just the 550 miles from home).

Because she was able to afford it, and because she is public-spirited enough to do so, she ended up paying £130 for a private test (thankfully negative). But how many people, showing potential symptoms, would be prepared, or able, to do so, for the greater public good?

The situation is a national disgrace. Just the latest complete failure of government. I find it unfathomable how anybody can still be defending them.

Bless her. You are correct though, this is a failure of government to do the most obvious thing, set up a " Working " test and trace system, almost every other country seems to have managed it ? No need to spout on about " World Beating " or " Moonshot " pie in the sky guff, we just need a basic system that is fairly reliable and works most of the time . Sadly I feel that ship has sailed. Mind you it's not surprising given Johnson's previous.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Turns out that story was completely wrong, Welsh Health Minister Vaughan Gething is now under pressure to apologise for the false tale.

No one from the authorities or race course screwed up, covered today on 5live and the Guardian. The coach party of pissheads did not have tickets for Doncaster races or try to enter, instead they spent a day touring pubs and bookies, for a fun day out of bets and pints,

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not denying your story, but I find these stories sometimes a little hard to believe, Facebook is full of unsubstantiated stories like this.

However I have first hand experience of someone having cancer treatment during the Pandemic that has gone ahead ...

It's a horrible thing to think or say, but maybe it was a clinical decision that treatment wouldn't help, rather than she has been left to die because of Covid.

I’m not trying to call you out - it’s more of a case of more people are coming forward

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1308305782459465733?s=20

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here