Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
August - the government will pay half your bill to go to pubs and restaurants.
September- you can’t get together with more than 6 people

Yet still people blame beaches and open air spaces. It’s far more likely the cutlery & glasses could carry the virus than sitting 6 feet away at the beach.
People predicted a second wave after Spring Bank holiday which didn’t happen. Now it is happening.

62 schools have closed since last Friday but schools & workplaces are considered safe.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It doesn’t take many people to flout the rules to make the whole thing s**t for the rest. Unfortunately there is a huge proportion of our society that just don’t give a t*ss about anyone (including themselves, their friends and their families). There is no answer to it. We have so few resources to catch them and if they are fined they won’t pay it anyway. The country is going broke and in dire need of the population doing their bit to get us out of this mess. Our overall response is to flout the rules and creat as many anti government demos as we can to make things worse.
Being older, I am staying out of society As much as possible for the few years I have left.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This government needs to stop issuing petty rules and regulations and let us get on with our lives. For most people this virus is no worse than a bad dose of flu and yet we have shut down the economy and ruined people's lives. More people died worldwide in the 1968 Hong Kong flu epidemic than have died of Covid19, but there were no lock-downs then. Sweden is the only country to have taken a more sensible approach. Stop being so fecking scared of a flu bug!

This.

We are entering into a second degree of separation. It’s gone from “don’t go out because you’ll die” to don’t go out because you might give to to someone who might die”.

This change in rules has been driven by the utter paralysis by analysis we are now suffering. And they are still a mess. Workplaces, schools, pubs etc are still exempt. Where’s the consistency in that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
August - the government will pay half your bill to go to pubs and restaurants.
September- you can’t get together with more than 6 people

Yet still people blame beaches and open air spaces. It’s far more likely the cutlery & glasses could carry the virus than sitting 6 feet away at the beach.
People predicted a second wave after Spring Bank holiday which didn’t happen. Now it is happening.

62 schools have closed since last Friday but schools & workplaces are considered safe.

Is it happening?

How do you define “second wave”? Deaths? Infections? What’s the number of either which allows anyone to make this assertion? How do you know the 30 deaths yesterday were directly as a result of Covid as opposed to positive tests?

At the peak in April we were allegedly seeing thousands of deaths from Covid. Yesterday it was 30, how do you equate that with a “second wave”?

I think you are making a very dangerous comment there.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
This government needs to stop issuing petty rules and regulations and let us get on with our lives. For most people this virus is no worse than a bad dose of flu and yet we have shut down the economy and ruined people's lives. More people died worldwide in the 1968 Hong Kong flu epidemic than have died of Covid19, but there were no lock-downs then. Sweden is the only country to have taken a more sensible approach. Stop being so fecking scared of a flu bug!

Can you not see you are contradicting yourself. Just maybe more people died of Hong Kong flu, because their WASN’T use of lockdowns...

What next, bubonic plague killed more people and they didn’t have any lockdowns (actually they did, but rather spoils my point)... :D

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It doesn’t take many people to flout the rules to make the whole thing s**t for the rest. Unfortunately there is a huge proportion of our society that just don’t give a t*ss about anyone (including themselves, their friends and their families). There is no answer to it. We have so few resources to catch them and if they are fined they won’t pay it anyway. The country is going broke and in dire need of the population doing their bit to get us out of this mess. Our overall response is to flout the rules and creat as many anti government demos as we can to make things worse.
Being older, I am staying out of society As much as possible for the few years I have left.

Its very hard for people to follow rules that are inconsistent, incoherent and changing from week to week. It just signals "we have no idea what we are doing" which leads to people thinking "well in that case, why should I listen?". Yes people are idiots but if your government keeps it simple and dont jump to different conclusions based on a good or a bad week, most people will follow it to a good extent. But your government doesnt keep it simple. New week, new strategy.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Has anyone defined what a second wave is in numbers? It is a ripple but all waves have to begin somewhere or it could just stay as a ripple.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Someone told me that transmission is happening much more via households than restaurants or schools. That is why they're doing this but keeping schools/restaurants open.

I guess they know this via the new track & trace dataset.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The whole thing seems totally arbitrary. Meeting groups of more than 6 people in some cases literally against the law with the threat fines. Groups of more than 6 people in work, or school, or being inside commercial premises allowed without sanction. I am struggling to understand the science behind this. The last time I checked I did not see the corona virus going through the latest government guidelines to see who it was allowed to infect.

The message is confusing, it has been confusing and mixed from the start. We are now in the 9th month of this emergency situation and still the logistics of track and trace are found to be severely wanting, clearly hampering any kind of informed response to the pandemic. We are left with a government apparently making policy up on the hoof and out of control of the entire situation. All the while handing out millions of tax-payer pounds (and personal data) to their buddies with uncontested contracts for PPE and tracing systems which do not work.

A complete and utter shambles. I can only hope the fatality rate continues to stay low.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Its very hard for people to follow rules that are inconsistent, incoherent and changing from week to week. It just signals "we have no idea what we are doing" which leads to people thinking "well in that case, why should I listen?". Yes people are idiots but if your government keeps it simple and dont jump to different conclusions based on a good or a bad week, most people will follow it to a good extent. But your government doesnt keep it simple. New week, new strategy.

I take your point re the government but you really need to be here to understand the current mob culture. You shouldn’t need a government strategy to understand the issues and make your own sensible lifestyle decisions.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Alright peasants thanks for helping with the cash flow issues in UK restaurants. Now back inside until Christmas then we can have ‘eat out to help Santa out’.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
User cancelled onto ignore list.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

more likely but liklihood is still next to zero. we dont have any analysis of where the rises in infections are, we could guess. as cases are rising across Europe, holidays would seem the likliest reason, though local hotspots suggest other factors too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
more likely but liklihood is still next to zero. we dont have any analysis of where the rises in infections are, we could guess. as cases are rising across Europe, holidays would seem the likliest reason, though local hotspots suggest other factors too.

And all the while adequate test, track and trace isn’t in place you won’t have any idea.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Aha, so a Government which outright told us it was going to break the law yesterday is now going to impose a new law on us. If you don't want to know the results, look away now...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Hearing this I realised i had absolutely no idea what the rules were previously. Since the intial lock down slogan, the government have been guilty of issuing vague rules and guidance at regular intervals which have been easy to misunderstand. Finally they are back to a simple message. Lets hope they stcik to simple instructions and resist the temptation to repeatedly alter them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here