Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I can imagine a police car with a single PC on board pulling up next to 7 or more people who obviously don't give a toss about Covid rules.
I can't imagine they'll all just stand there and let the Copper book them one by one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The police just don't have the resources. In fairness to the government, they are in no position to provide them. It's down to folk to behave.

Yes.

It is however relatively easy to create a sense of social responsibility with targeted campaigns. You just need to rise above the politics.

This Government is completely dysfunctional behind the scenes and driven by a few neo-liberal individuals who massively struggle telling people what to do. However, the real problem is not one of ideology but mainly competence post the Brexit purge. It doesn't help when the man really in charge (Cummings) has started his own ware against the Civil Service.

Any of the Prime Ministers, Thatcher, Major, Blair or even Brown would have handled this better. I can't see Boris lasting the next election. If Labour don't sneak in, The Tories will boot him out first.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
It really is sad seeing governments impose legally enforced lock downs, it's sad that they feel the population needs it enforced but it's just bloody ridiculous when it applies socially but not in work or schools. I really am happy to be riding out the corona storm in Japan, there aren't many other places I'd rather be. Whilst technically I can freely travel around the country, I haven't left Tokyo in 7 months. Of course I want to see my family back home and there are plenty of places I want to visit both in Japan and abroad, but it's not doing me or my family here any harm to wait it out for a year or a bit longer. There's plenty to do around here anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that's my fan club's AGM postponed.

There will be 6 places available when this is lifted.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Now watch Tory MPs get caught breaking the rules then having the rules retrospectively altered to allow for very specific and niche exemptions so it turns out they were breaking the rules.

Most incompetent government in my lifetime by an absolute country mile. Colossal **** up after colossal **** up after colossal **** up.

The colossal **** up after **** up isn't by accident, it's by design... They know full well what they are doing!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The colossal **** up after **** up isn't by accident, it's by design... They know full well what they are doing!

i don't think johnson has a clue what he's doing .....those behind/around him though i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw them ....this is very worrying.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately, we live in a country full of absolute morons who are selfish and inconsiderate, so none of these laws or rules will be listened to in the slightest and Corona will continue to spread.
The government have made a real balls up of this whole situation from the start which hasn't helped matters either. A can see a very bleak winter ahead with a hell of a lot more people dying.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Extraordinary that we can ask people to return from foreign holidays with 48 hours notice but this can't be introduced until next Monday.

Boris either has no control over his brief, is a simpleton, or both.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Extraordinary that we can ask people to return from foreign holidays with 48 hours notice but this can't be introduced until next Monday.

Both.
But truth be told Cummings probably has a house party planned for this eeekend

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Could be a long winter.

Yeah I was thinking the same. IF this was to carry on indefinitely over the Christmas period there are going to be some very upset people who usually get together over the festive period in multiple numbers. Maybe we should just cancel Christmas!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Maybe he wants a big weekend for hospitality?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This government needs to stop issuing petty rules and regulations and let us get on with our lives. For most people this virus is no worse than a bad dose of flu and yet we have shut down the economy and ruined people's lives. More people died worldwide in the 1968 Hong Kong flu epidemic than have died of Covid19, but there were no lock-downs then. Sweden is the only country to have taken a more sensible approach. Stop being so fecking scared of a flu bug!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think the Government have been very unlucky here.

It seems like the problems emerging with the delays in Track and Trace and the problems with Testing Capacity have unfortunately coincided with the exact point that cases begin to rise. Because we had lots of capacity being reported when the cases were very low.

Shirley the Government can't be blamed for being unlucky (again) ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here