Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
See main Covid thread, it’s being discussed there. Come join us! :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I predict that this will be largely ignored by a huge amount of people who have zero respect for the current government.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now watch Tory MPs get caught breaking the rules then having the rules retrospectively altered to allow for very specific and niche exemptions so it turns out they were breaking the rules.

Most incompetent government in my lifetime by an absolute country mile. Colossal **** up after colossal **** up after colossal **** up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I predict that this will be largely ignored by a huge amount of people who have zero respect for the current government.

They don’t help themselves though do they. I want to do the right thing but it never seems to make sense and the enforcement just isn’t there so people will naturally ignore. We also live in the age of the individual not community, people do what they like, when they like, and there is little the government can or is willing to do for fear of public retribution.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's footie crowds finished for a short while. At least they'll be more on the tellybox.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I have 6 people in my household. This seems to mean that we can't meet with anyone...

Don't forget to wash your hands.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The issue is clearly things like absolute morons having massive house parties and all shouting drunkenly into each other’s mouths.

Can’t they clamp down massively on things like that and let sensible people who do stick the rules continue doing so?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The issue is clearly things like absolute morons having massive house parties and all shouting drunkenly into each other’s mouths.

Can’t they clamp down massively on things like that and let sensible people who do stick the rules continue doing so?

Unfortunately, the Police seem to refuse to enforce any rules preferring the softly softly approach of engage and educate. Only it doesn't work. Giving the organiser of a party a fine and not the attendees means they just move on to the next. Bars will moan but how many of those moaning have rigorously adhered to track and trace info and social distancing? The kerching of the tills means far more to them than health.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I know it's outside, but over the last few weeks I've seen mass gatherings on all the commons round here as well as restaurants/pubs. The council(s) have closed some major roads and businesses have turned them into a "cafe society" outside. Northcote road near Clapham Junction is now usually rammed at the weekend and business is booming.

A tiny pub down there is now hosting easily at least 3 times the customers it would usually have. They taken over road as well as the pavement. The customers on first look 99% are young.

Hospital cases obviously down but I'm keeping well away after this weekend as I'm a bit older :)

I only went for a walk :)

No surprise infection (where known) is up in younger people.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately, the Police seem to refuse to enforce any rules preferring the softly softly approach of engage and educate. Only it doesn't work.

Is this because the Government have shied away from making this a criminal offence, just making it a civil offence, or a misdemeanor or something? Thus giving the police an excuse to stand off, and not bother?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is this because the Government have shied away from making this a criminal offence, just making it a civil offence, or a misdemeanor or something? Thus giving the police an excuse to stand off, and not bother?

The police just don't have the resources. In fairness to the government, they are in no position to provide them. It's down to folk to behave.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The police just don't have the resources. In fairness to the government, they are in no position to provide them. It's down to folk to behave.

The exchequer has lost billions due to Covid. A few thousand £3000 fines would only be a drop in the ocean towards remedying that, but at least it would be a start!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here