Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Has BLM gone too far this time?...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lenny Henry has a brand new show on R4.

Too much.
Too much.

(It is, as you can imagine, awful).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think the problem with BLM Is that whilst the sentiment is very important, the organisation BLM is highly political and has some very unsavoury people high up in its ranks .

I think a non politicised organisation like kick it out etc would be a far better option for footballers in the U.K. to hang their hat on .

I would definitely not support a trotesky type organisation like BLM .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the problem with BLM Is that whilst the sentiment is very important, the organisation BLM is highly political and has some very unsavoury people high up in its ranks .

I think a non politicised organisation like kick it out etc would be a far better option for footballers in the U.K. to hang their hat on .

Oh of course you completely missed the point of the thread.
Yeah, send it to the pit, the idiots are here.
That was quick, I thought a couple of pages before the numpties waded in.

Idiot.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

was this known as the Anti Nazi League in the 70s?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember Lenny Henry being at Cinderella’s at Stroods Motel, no idea what he was doing in a disco but he had a few mins of stand up comedy. He was getting heckled and came up with “if your cock is as big as your mouth I feel sorry for your girlfriend”. Made me laugh at the time, but doesn’t sound so funny now :shrug:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It has only ever been politicised by the far right who have tried to discredit it as a Trotskyist movement.

Nothing, of course, could be further from the truth. Black Lives Matter is officially apolitical - certainly party politically. Of course, it doesn't exist in a vacuum, and so ends up venturing into social politics. It has to.

Anti-racism is not extremist politics. The denigration of BLM movement as a 'Trotskyist' movement (and therefore extremist movement) is a far-right, pro-racist fabrication aimed at gaslighting anti-racism.

Given your fabrication about BLM there, your post is nothing more than advocating an apology for racism. You should be ashamed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why? What's been said that's unacceptable on here?

Somebody suggested L. Henry not very funny, which I suppose might upset Lenny Henry fans, but .........................

To me, it’s a provocative thread title, ignore what I said if you don’t agree :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To me, it’s a provocative thread title, ignore what I said if you don’t agree :shrug:

That’s the joke.

Jesus wept.

Yes. Put it in the pit. Some people are obviously too daft to handle even the mildest edge on their humour.

You should tune in to Lenny. You’d probably like it. About your level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here