Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] season ticket problems

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I and two sons have season tickets. We probably "all" go to 40% of home Games. It`s usually me and one son plus either my friend or his. Sometimes two friends and exceptionally none of us go however tickets are always used. I am mid sixties and suffer from asthma. With the way tickets are being issued for New Season ( picture ID needed) obviously no friends allowed.
When will ballot be done? When will we know whether we have tickets or not ? I`m not keen to go whilst Covid problems hang over us ! Will I get a refund ? Will I/we have our tickets taken away if we don`t want to go ? Around us in WSL there are many different people in seats each week so many others must be in same situation. Most these days have diary booked months in advance. Last season home games went in as soon as fixtures came out. This coming season..................Who knows ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I and two sons have season tickets. We probably "all" go to 40% of home Games. It`s usually me and one son plus either my friend or his. Sometimes two friends and exceptionally none of us go however tickets are always used. I am mid sixties and suffer from asthma. With the way tickets are being issued for New Season ( picture ID neede) obviously no friends allowed.
When will ballot be done? When will we know whether we have tickets or not ? I`m not keen to go whilst Covid problems hang over us ! Will I get a refund ? Will I/we have our tickets taken away if we don`t want to go ? Around us in WSL there are many different people in seats each week so many others must be in same situation. Most these days have diary booked months in advance. Last season home games went in as soon as fixtures came out. This coming season..................Who knows ?

I think that you may have answered all your questions with your last two words. The club are doing the best they can reasonably be expected to do right now, but there's a lot of uncertainty about how it will all play out. Not much you can do but wait until further communications are made.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the recent increases in CV cases I can't see us back at the Amex until 2021.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No one knows yet as the situation is developing. If the current case numbers continue to rise dramatically then you can probably forget attending football for at least the rest of this calendar year and into spring. If that's the case, I would imagine you'd be refunded.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we all need to wait and see how the club approach things. Until they get confirmation from the Government as to how they will allowed to have people back, they can't clarify the rules and how it will work. Even then it is quite plausible they will have to change things. I would wait and see what they announce and not worry about it until then if I was you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I and two sons have season tickets. We probably "all" go to 40% of home Games. It`s usually me and one son plus either my friend or his. Sometimes two friends and exceptionally none of us go however tickets are always used. I am mid sixties and suffer from asthma. With the way tickets are being issued for New Season ( picture ID needed) obviously no friends allowed.

With respect to your question about a refund, I believe direct debits will stop next month. Whilst this isn’t a refund as such....you won’t be paying the club anymore money for a while..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This is all just conjecture and speculation while the Government hasn't announced that fans can return to PL matches. Once the Government has advised football clubs what they can do then we wait to see how the Albion will implement a system to allow us back. Until then it's just a case of being patient.

I know of several groups of people that share season tickets (they are all families and can't commit to every home match) and they are all eager to know what is going to happen. Does look like season ticket sharing/loaning is going to go out of the window as a result of this though.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Obviously it will depend on if and when fans go back. The club has already set out the basics of the ballot system. If you get a ticket via the ballot and cant or dont want to go you can sell it via the ticket exchange. You wont get a refund. As wascsaid you only pay six direct debits for now.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
With respect to your question about a refund, I believe direct debits will stop next month. Whilst this isn’t a refund as such....you won’t be paying the club anymore money for a while..

This depending on what you did about last season's money. And if you took the payment holiday. Some have 3 more payments to make before it's due to stop.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Obviously it will depend on if and when fans go back. The club has already set out the basics of the ballot system. If you get a ticket via the ballot and cant or dont want to go you can sell it via the ticket exchange. You wont get a refund. As wascsaid you only pay six direct debits for now.

You can though opt out of 6 ballots. There will be refunds for these opt outs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst agreeing with the "it's a waiting game right now" sentiment above, I think there were some clear indications from the club on much of this...

- All fans will be included in ballots for each game, unless...
- a fan presents some sort of government-issued proof that you are shielding, in which case you can opt out of the entire season
- a fan has opted out of the particular fixture. Each fan can opt out of up to 6 fixtures, with no more than 2 being from each fixture category (ie you cant opt out of the 6 least attractive fixtures)
- Fans will have to present photo ID that matches the name of their ticket (this was checked pretty thoroughly at the Chelsea fixture)
- Kids also have to show photo ID currently, but this looks like the area that could change. I guess this could permit some child ticket-sharing, although this won't be officially authorised.
- Ballots are likely to be held relatively close to each fixture (I think 2-3 weeks was mentioned)
- If you "win" in a ballot but can no longer attend then you can put the seat back into the ticket exchange and hope it sells in order to get (some of?) your money back

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Whilst agreeing with the "it's a waiting game right now" sentiment above, I think there were some clear indications from the club on much of this...

- All fans will be included in ballots for each game, unless...
- a fan presents some sort of government-issued proof that you are shielding, in which case you can opt out of the entire season
- a fan has opted out of the particular fixture. Each fan can opt out of up to 6 fixtures, with no more than 2 being from each fixture category (ie you cant opt out of the 6 least attractive fixtures)
- Fans will have to present photo ID that matches the name of their ticket (this was checked pretty thoroughly at the Chelsea fixture)
- Kids also have to show photo ID currently, but this looks like the area that could change. I guess this could permit some child ticket-sharing, although this won't be officially authorised.
- Ballots are likely to be held relatively close to each fixture (I think 2-3 weeks was mentioned)
- If you "win" in a ballot but can no longer attend then you can put the seat back into the ticket exchange and hope it sells in order to get (some of?) your money back

I think you raised the question about how this will affect 1901 seats held in company/business names on another thread. Did you get an answer to that?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think Lord Barber, despite believing he is all-seeing, could have seriously under-estimated the importance of these issues.

I know many, many STHs who justify buying one because they have some limited flexibility in ticket sharing. Photo ID or compulsory Google/Apple Pay e-tickets removes this. Together with the genuine Covid health issues, I fear this will lead to mass non-renewals in the Spring and many on the waiting list electing not to take-up.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect because this is a T&C grey area, the Club don't have good information on how significant this could be.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You can though opt out of 6 ballots. There will be refunds for these opt outs.

I stand to be corrected, but not refunds. My understanding is that we build up a pot of funds with our Direct Debits for 6 months including September. I wasn't listening re lump sum payers. Direct Debit stops and if we get a seat in the ballot, the cost is deducted from our pot. We can opt out of the ballot up to 6 times. If we stay in the ballot, which is the default, and get a ticket, we can put it on the exchange and I believe all matches have the same ticket price/resale value. We are in the ballot as individuals or a group with others. If we are a individual or group, it's one ballot place and we are in the ballot for every match regardless of whether we get selected once, never or every match. We don't know the first balloted match yet. As I say, I stand to be corrected.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

There's a few answers on this thread for you already, but I'm putting all the home games in my diary as usual this season. I'm assuming I may get to a match or two, or watch on Sky, BT Sport or whatever so still need to be available to watch it somehow.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No one knows yet as the situation is developing. If the current case numbers continue to rise dramatically then you can probably forget attending football for at least the rest of this calendar year and into spring. If that's the case, I would imagine you'd be refunded.

Given the clubs desire to maintain sold out season tickets I think we may find we'll have any monies transferred towards our allocated 2021-22 ticket

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think Lord Barber, despite believing he is all-seeing, could have seriously under-estimated the importance of these issues.

I know many, many STHs who justify buying one because they have some limited flexibility in ticket sharing. Photo ID or compulsory Google/Apple Pay e-tickets removes this. Together with the genuine Covid health issues, I fear this will lead to mass non-renewals in the Spring and many on the waiting list electing not to take-up.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect because this is a T&C grey area, the Club don't have good information on how significant this could be.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Think the T&Cs are quite clear, you cannot transfer a ticket. It's the enforcement of that which has been soft touch. I believe the rule is a requirement of the EPL. Harsh as it may seem, enforcement would level the playing field for those on the waiting list and/or members. That said I would suggest the vast majority of STH do attend most games so probably not a major issue as far as the club is concerned, rightly or wrongly!

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
When 1901 tickets are drawn they will ask owners for names of those attending.

Once they are given, they can’t then be changed.

That’s great. Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here