Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Schools reopened?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
How is the school reopening going in your area. Round our way schools have staggered going back since last Thursday and we are just starting to get our first year bubble isolations, in 3 separate primary schools.

The messages seem rather mixed with regards should siblings isolate as well, or those they walk to school with from different year bubbles... Very difficult to control properly.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
How is the school reopening going in your area. Round our way schools have staggered going back since last Thursday and we are just starting to get our first year bubble isolations, in 3 separate primary schools.

The messages seem rather mixed with regards should siblings isolate as well, or those they walk to school with from different year bubbles... Very difficult to control properly.

The staggering of start times at our kids school is just leading to a massive queue before they open the gate with no social distancing at all. The old system of opening the gates at 820 and half an hour window for pupils to arrive Led to far less crowding

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whoever came up with idea of staggered starts forgot some parents have >1 child. parent + additional children have to hang around for their slot, defeating purpose. going to be very unpleasent start to day when the weather turns, many parents will just stop observing the stagger, drop and go.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No sooner had i typed my last post I received an email confirming the current staggering wasn't working but the changes they have suggested aren't going to change the problems I see each day

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Now up to 5 local schools with year groups bubbles isolating... Feasibly it would only take 10 children from a year group to separately test positive and the while year could miss half a year of school...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

All I can say, as having no children, all the NT properties are a dream to walk around now :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems to be OK here. Our nipper is happy as florrie. That said it is a doddle for us.

I would guess 3-4 weeks before we get a local outbreak and the schools close again. Not a problem for us but choatic and catestropic for many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here