Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] FourFourTwo article

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Yes we can, but its impossible to predict today because of the elephant in the room - decent new striker.

If we get one or two in, a bit of luck and not too many severe injuries, its def possible.

But right now, if nowt else changes we're bottom 6 imho. We'll be solid defensively, but lack of goals will be the nails in the coffin. could also do with a dynamic Stephens replacement, he ruins any speed and dynamism we might otherwise have. Always slows it down, and often goes backwards.

Get those 2 bits sorted, goals and moving ball quicker out of midfield and it could be a great season.

But being Brighton for 45+ years, it just wont be that easy will it.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
As others suggest - not much goal threat to back the excellent Maupay as yet.

I genuinely believe the rest of the squad is really taking shape now. Some of the young players are going to be top draw (Lamptey, Alzate and maybe White)

But we need goals...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't be at all surprised if at Christmas the club is put out of its misery and demoted down to Div 2.

We're gonna make Derby and Swindon look like Brazil 1970.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Article by [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]:)

Yep, and good to see him writing and 4-4-2 taking the word of an educated BHA fan instead of just tipping us for relegation, as they have in the past.

We need another decent striker (I rate Maupay but we need an equivalent) and a pacy LWB before we're anything more than "bottom 8" fodder though. Our current squad is around about a 15/16th place, but I don't expect it to be our squad when the window SLAMS shut.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep, and good to see him writing and 4-4-2 taking the word of an educated BHA fan instead of just tipping us for relegation, as they have in the past.

We need another decent striker (I rate Maupay but we need an equivalent) and a pacy LWB before we're anything more than "bottom 8" fodder though. Our current squad is around about a 15/16th place, but I don't expect it to be our squad when the window SLAMS shut.

I agree, but I think we have been unlucky in getting strikers that are half decent and genuinely interested in coming to the Albion, instead of paying over the odds for someone who isn't half decent.......AKA Locadia
We'll never compete financially with the so called big six Charlie's.
It'll be only Albions 4th season in the PL coming up, and will be another struggle, but can compete to establish ourselves for another season.
As to an attacking LWB dream on, unless the academy produces a diamond in the rough :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bottom 6 at the moment, lack of goal threat

Beg to differ. I think this will bet. First season we don’t have a relegation fight and we will finish 9th-14th.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As to an attacking LWB dream on, unless the academy produces a diamond in the rough :lolol:

Good point. I can dream though, right?

Amusingly, although we've let Murray go on loan we strictly have Andone and Gyökeres as back ups. Argue all you like that one is a bit mad and the other not ready, that's probably the relative status of most teams' 3rd and 4th choice strikers.

But a machine of a LWB? Even England used Trippier.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good point. I can dream though, right?

Amusingly, although we've let Murray go on loan we strictly have Andone and Gyökeres as back ups. Argue all you like that one is a bit mad and the other not ready, that's probably the relative status of most teams' 3rd and 4th choice strikers.

But a machine of a LWB? Even England used Trippier.

We've not really seen Veltman at RB, so if any good , Lamptey as a LWB?
Cannot see Andone playing for us again, unless he was spiritualized in a Turkish monastery :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree, but I think we have been unlucky in getting strikers that are half decent and genuinely interested in coming to the Albion, instead of paying over the odds for someone who isn't half decent.......AKA Locadia
We'll never compete financially with the so called big six Charlie's.
It'll be only Albions 4th season in the PL coming up, and will be another struggle, but can compete to establish ourselves for another season.

On lates again

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How you finding NT places...are their cafes/shops open?

TBH ws haven't tried any cafes, just used the kiosks, quick and easy.

Went to Wimpole today, ended up on 7 mile estate walk, fabulous views, ending with coffee and ice cream.
Cliveden our local NT venue tomorrow and then Stowe on Weds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here